Possible to move a root canal'd/ crowned tooth?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

happyhappyjoyjoy

Possible to move a root canal'd/ crowned tooth?!

#1 Post by happyhappyjoyjoy »

I am new here, planning on getting braces soon. I know I should ask my ortho, BUTTTTT! I am impatient. : )

I have a lower molar thats tilted in, its crowned and root canal'd. Is iy possible to move a tooth like that? I needs to be tilted up and out a bit, but I am betting it can't be moved. : (

Anyone have a tooth like that, that was moved???

Thanks guys/gals!

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

happyhappyjoyjoy you already posted about this and people have replied. Don't forget to check threads that you have posted about the same topic as you may already have responses.
viewtopic.php?t=25178
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

happyhappyjoyjoy

#3 Post by happyhappyjoyjoy »

Sorry!

I tried to post several times and it kept saying "debug error" or somthing, so I assumed the question never posted. I even scanned the list looking before posting again, I guess I missed it!

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

I had a very tilted molar and it was moved.I did not have a crown on it ,however i do have a HUGE filling in that molar.They will most likely put a molar band on that molar then either try elastics first to move it upright. If that does not work after a few months then they might use an expander which adds more force than an elastic would. it took like 7 months with an expander to move my tipped molars upright but they did it and I thought it would be impossible since mine were the most tilted molar case he has ever had! He told me this after my molars were finally upright. I guess he didn't want me worrying and doubting that it would work...

Gennel

Envy

#5 Post by Envy »

You Be Fine Good Luck