wisdom teeth pulled

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

retainerjoe

wisdom teeth pulled

#1 Post by retainerjoe »

WELL THERE GONE , they pulled all the wisdom teeth yesterday , they also had to pull one of my upper molars with them to , it had fused to the wisdom tooth , i will need to get my retainer adjusted where that tooth was removed , all in all not to bad , they did say he thought that lower braces may be needed if move a bunch , that i could deal with , but thats a ways down the road if at all , so i'm happy it's done i'm ready to move on , WOW theses pain meds are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD , guess i'll go back to bed me an my ice pack , have a great day everyone :jump:
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

Nervous

#2 Post by Nervous »

That's great news. Glad to hear things went so well :)
Twin Blocks: August 19th, 2004
Braced: September 21st, 2005
Debanded: July 11th, 2008

retainerjoe

#3 Post by retainerjoe »

well its day three , an things are pretty good still, from what other people said an the nurse at the surgeons office said when she called yesterday , she thought i'd be out of it an not able to talk , it's realy not been bad at all , i put my retainers in last night after many hours of not wearing them , they fit better now , i never thought the wisdom teeth could cause that much prob , take care all
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

Spidey

#4 Post by Spidey »

:lol:

That is wonderful to hear you are healing up and enjoying those meds...

Way to go, NoMoreWisdomTeethJoe!!!

:)

beth1966

#5 Post by beth1966 »

Hi - glad to hear you are doing so well.

Mind me asking what pain meds were prescribed?

I am having some extractions next week - probably all 4 erupted wisdoms and one molar. I get sick from Vicoden and Percoset - they give me stomach probs. I'm wondering what else I can take that is not a codeine derivative - seems those are the standards prescribed.

Feel well -

retainerjoe

#6 Post by retainerjoe »

i'm on ENDOCET5-325 MG every four hours as needed for pain an AMOXICILLIN 500MG every 6 hours till gone there was 24 of them aqn 20 of the pain meds, kinda funny this evening my front lower teeth are kinda itchy like when you get an adjustment , an my retainers are fitting very nice now , i think this may have fixed the need for now , hope so anyway realy don't want lower braces agian , thanks everyone have a great evening

Envy

#7 Post by Envy »

oh

beth1966

#8 Post by beth1966 »

retainerjoe wrote:i'm on ENDOCET5-325 MG every four hours as needed for pain an AMOXICILLIN 500MG every 6 hours till gone there was 24 of them aqn 20 of the pain meds, kinda funny this evening my front lower teeth are kinda itchy like when you get an adjustment , an my retainers are fitting very nice now , i think this may have fixed the need for now , hope so anyway realy don't want lower braces agian , thanks everyone have a great evening
Thanks that is generic Percocet - so that won't work for me.

KianaFran

#9 Post by KianaFran »

I'm glad your extractions went so well. Just rest up! It can take a while to heal. :dance:
4 Wisdom teeth extracted
4 First bicuspids extracted
1 Trans-palatal arch
4 springs
Silver ligatures
Damon brackets
And a partidge in a pear tree!

beth1966

#10 Post by beth1966 »

KianaFran wrote:I'm glad your extractions went so well. Just rest up! It can take a while to heal. :dance:
Glad you said that as that is what I always thought too. Guess it depends on whether they are impacted and the position of the roots etc. But so many people keep telling me it is nothing and i will be fine in 2 days - makes me worried that if I am not, they will think I am a wussy! :)

John37

#11 Post by John37 »

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled before I started Invisalign last September. They were all erupted, one was in completely, the other three just through the gums but not flush with the other molars. I insisted on local anesthesia. After I was numb, he stuck in his pliers and out they came in less than 5 minutes. They stuck gauze in my mouth, had me bite down, then showed me the door! :shock: It was all good though. 8) There was a little pain the first few days, but I didn't take any pain killers.

The extraction sites should be healed enough to not worry about them in 2-4 weeks. Good luck.