Springs?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rexthedestroyer

Springs?

#1 Post by rexthedestroyer »

Powerchains did not work. Double Powerchains did not work. Rubberbands did not work Double rubberbands did not work. Will Springs work?

That is my question. I have two nagging gaps between each one of my canines and the incisors. I have had braces for a year and a half and these gaps still have not closed. That is the last issue that needs to be dealt with before I can get these things off, but nothing seems to be working. Yestureday my doctor put on the springs along with a mini powershain in between the gaps. I am feeling some tenderness now, but i have no faith that this will work. I don't care if I am in braces for an additional year, I just want to be assured that whatever treatment I am put under will create the required amount of movement.

Anyone else been in this situation?

KianaFran

#2 Post by KianaFran »

I personally had all four biscupids removed and have 4 huge gaps. I have four springs and in four weeks, my ortho (and myself) was very happy with my movement. I don't even have an archwire because he wanted to close the gaps as much as he could prior to putting on the wire. Cheer up. :D Hopefully they work for you as well as they have worked for me.
4 Wisdom teeth extracted
4 First bicuspids extracted
1 Trans-palatal arch
4 springs
Silver ligatures
Damon brackets
And a partidge in a pear tree!