Last Meal....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#16 Post by blindboarder2008 »

browneyedgrl wrote:Thai peanut chicken wings, YUM!!! I've eaten them once since I've been braced and it's no fun cutting them off the bone.

B
totally agree with you when you say its no fun cutting chicken wings off the bone. Just for fun, i attempted to eat chicken wings week 4 into having braces. I wasn't really sure how it would go but i decided to try it cuz i had a massive craving. oh man big mistake. It was so hard to chew the chicken off the bone. I actually ended up getting sores afterwards which i then vowed to always take the chicken off the bone before eating it!!

browneyedgrl

#17 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi blindboarder2008,

Chicken wings were definitely not meant to be cut off the bone. I've been craving them for months and I'm dying to try and eat it off the bone, but I fear the worst. Picking them out of the brackets is bad enough, but with my luck, I'd probably break something.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

bracednconfused

#18 Post by bracednconfused »

for those of you craving chicken wings -- you could always go for the boneless kind! i actually always preferred these.

and as for a last meal -- i'd go for a nice hearty burger. i did have one burger since been braced 7 weeks ago, but cutting it up with knife and fork is not the same. i second nachos, or chips of any kind.

also -- i have yet to bite down on anything so I'm amazed blindboarder2008, that you were able to have a chicken wing of all things at week 4!

blindboarder2008

#19 Post by blindboarder2008 »

i was pretty well surprised myself that i was actually able to bite down on it. Mind you I only had 2 and I had to stop eating them cuz it wasn't going so hot. i ended up with massive amounts of soars in about an hour or 2 and vowed i'd never eat chicken off the bone anymore. I never thought about the boneless ones. that would probably work nicely!

Nervous

#20 Post by Nervous »

It's not a meal...but it's bubble gum! I haven't had it in almost four years, and I am dieing to take a big piece of gum, chew it in my mouth and blow a few bubbles :(
Twin Blocks: August 19th, 2004
Braced: September 21st, 2005
Debanded: July 11th, 2008

blindboarder2008

#21 Post by blindboarder2008 »

Nervous wrote:It's not a meal...but it's bubble gum! I haven't had it in almost four years, and I am dieing to take a big piece of gum, chew it in my mouth and blow a few bubbles :(
omg yes definetly bubble gum, that was definetly something i practically chewed every day leading up to brace day! I also bought starburst and ate them the entire night leading up to brace day! It was amazing!!! How I wish I could eat starburst and bubble gum!! ah well 1 year and 4 months left!!

fluffybottom

#22 Post by fluffybottom »

I am craving chocolate covered gummi bears SO BAD.
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

pearls

#23 Post by pearls »

you guys have chocolate covered gummi bears?!! how bizarre! I can't imagine that. I would love to just go lollie crazy if I ever went to the U.S.
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

macfancier

#24 Post by macfancier »

ArchAngle wrote:Similarly, while everything seems to be able to be cut and eaten, there isn't quite like anything else: biting into a fresh ripe juicy apple. 8)
Agreed!

For me, my first - albeit strange - meal might consist of chewy taffy, bubble gum, ribs *on* the bone and corn *on* the cob!

PARR

#25 Post by PARR »

Not having a really big sweet tooth, the gooey candies etc don't tempt me.
Cutting food off bones etc is a norm for me for the next year or so. Don't mind cutting sandwiches either. Crusty bread gets dunked in soup or sauce. What I miss because it just doesn't feel or taste right: apples (I need to cut the skin off and sorry...not right!) and popcorn is just too messy to bother with.

blindboarder2008

#26 Post by blindboarder2008 »

PARR wrote:Not having a really big sweet tooth, the gooey candies etc don't tempt me.
Cutting food off bones etc is a norm for me for the next year or so. Don't mind cutting sandwiches either. Crusty bread gets dunked in soup or sauce. What I miss because it just doesn't feel or taste right: apples (I need to cut the skin off and sorry...not right!) and popcorn is just too messy to bother with.
Oh how I would love to chew into a nice juicy apple right now. But even a few months before i got my braces i had trouble bitting into an apple. I had to cut it up in order to chew it. I had tried to bite in a apple *before my braces, but it just hurt his jaw soooo bad. now i cut apples up in a fruit salad and have that. Mind you i have to take the skins off of the apples cuz no matter how hard i try i can't chew the skins!
I was bad and ate popcorn about a week ago. I just made sure to clean my braces really good afterwards to make sure all the kerrnels were out inbetween the wires and stuff.
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

LaLaDee

#27 Post by LaLaDee »

*bump*

sparkles

#28 Post by sparkles »

I would have

an apple (I've never been a big apple fan, would prefer other fruits) but since being braced...mmmm apples smell lovely! But probably just cause I can't eat them

Nachos toppped with melted cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, salsa etc. I know I can eat them now but just not quite the same eating so much slower and with the worry that they will do damage.

Fajitas or anything that comes in a tortilla wrap...I've just avoided them cause of their thinness and my molar buildups

Spare ribs from the chinese takeaway

chewing gum (again never a big chewing gum chewer but my husband has had a packet in the house and I've been tempted)

Fudge

I don't think there is anything else I've missed since being able to eat normally again after being braced.