Sucka aint moving

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wonky mcsnaggletooth

Sucka aint moving

#1 Post by wonky mcsnaggletooth »

crisis! I have ONE TOOTH LEFT to move before my debanding that is supposed to happen in July. I'm afraid this one tooth will delay everything! See photo, my left incisor simply will not turn. You can see that the ortho put bends in the wire a few months ago to wrench it into place- the teeth on either side moved in response but the target tooth is still crooked. Then he tried putting a lig on it. My appointment is Thursday and I was wondering if it would be out of line to suggest repositioning the actual bracket?! The bracket does kind of look like it isn't on my tooth straight. Are the pics big enough?

Luella

#2 Post by Luella »

your user name is cracking me up!!! I don't know about the bracket position or if that makes a difference but I would sure ask him!
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

holyjoe

#3 Post by holyjoe »

Wow, I have the SAME problem on the SAME tooth. All of my other teeth have been moving just fine, except for that one. Let me know how your progress goes!

wonky mcsnaggletooth

#4 Post by wonky mcsnaggletooth »

awww yeah,
I pointed it out to my ortho today and he put some serious bends in the wire on the crooked incisor, then clamped all my teeth down with ligs for the first time (apparently using ligs on Damons puts additional pressure on the teeth to stay put in their positions instead of slide around more freely on the wire). It is now almost straight and aligned with my right incisor, only a few hours after the appointment, for the first time in 28 years. yessssss

catfish

#5 Post by catfish »

Now THAT has to feel great! To see progress after all this time!

Congrats!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom