Braces will be off in a week!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spimpy

Braces will be off in a week!

#1 Post by spimpy »

I am so excited:! THE BIG DAY IS SOON! +\+ My braces will be coming off next Monday (June 16th!) :P I will be celebrating eating corn - ON THE COBB :dance:

My smile has greatly improved. It will be 16 months of wearing braces. It has GONE BY REALLY FAST. No regrets. So for all of you who are THINKING about it - reading this : DO IT!!!!!

It will be one of the best gifts you can give yourself: the gift on self-confidence!

Thanks to everyone for being supportive! :-1

OhNicole

#2 Post by OhNicole »

Wonderful post Spimpy! It's wonderful to hear people so happy with their choice - sure helps me feel more confident about it. Congrats on your upcoming debonding day! Enjoy that corn on the cob for me!
~Nikki~
23 year old brace face and proud of it!

My story is well under way! Follow along in my thread.

spimpy

#3 Post by spimpy »

Thanks for the vote of confidence OhNicole.

I think I will have cheek pains for at least a whole week: from smiling non-stop!!!!

OhNicole

#4 Post by OhNicole »

Do you have before pictures? I think I speak for all AW-ers when I say those of us going through (or soon to go through) braces fiend for some good progress pics :-* You deserve that sore-cheek feeling, and I mean that in the best possible way!
~Nikki~

spimpy

#5 Post by spimpy »

Yes, I DO have pictures of me BEFORE teeth and next week I'll have my AFTER pics.

I'll post them then; I no longer look like Nanny McPhee... :wink:

Spidey

#6 Post by Spidey »

I have a hot date to have mine removed at the end of August. I am SO EXCITED and just realized I haven't planned a celebration meal yet...

Mmmmmmm Corn Still-on-the-cob... Yumm

Way to go!!!

spimpy

#7 Post by spimpy »

Congratulations Spidey!!!!

I think we should start a new debraced club tradition: You eat CORN ON THE COBB the day you get them off!!!!! Granted, if they're available at the market :wink:

How long have you been braced?

OhNicole

#8 Post by OhNicole »

LMAO, Spidey that IS a hot date 8) Oh, and my vote is for corn on the cob. And to get a headstart, I'm going to have some BEFORE braces too because I know I'll miss it!
~Nikki~

spookytooth

#9 Post by spookytooth »

Congratulations on your debracing date! :D

Spidey

#10 Post by Spidey »

Spimpy, it has been a short and sweet 24 months. Worth every minute!

I am hoping that my teeth co-operate so that I can have them removed on the date we set up. Hoping for everything to go according to plan!

Funny, I expected to go without corn on the cob and popcorn- 2 of my favourites! But I never even thought that I wouldn't be able to bite into a pickle. My MOST favourite food (insert nudge nudge wink wink) and I didn't even get to say good-bye properly. I remember my first dill after being braced. Getting stuck halfway through the bite, with the moment of "HEY!! Not fair!!!" Then "gRrrrr"
I ate my last popcorn, last apple, last corn on the cob and last (so I thought) ribs- which I have no problem with now, but I didn't even think of the pickle issue.

Sad, sniff sniff

Sorry for going on too long- it was just something I REALLY miss.

Us brace-faces loves our snack-food