1 day in braces question - no pain - no sore teeth ??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BenB

#16 Post by BenB »

I had pretty bad pain the actual day of getting them on and a couple of days after but have had little to no pain at each adjustment which has been really good, everyone is different 8)

Nims

#17 Post by Nims »

God i'm jealous!!, I had braces in 2 days ago and i'm in AGONY, no painkillers seem to work, I can barely sleep at night and i've probably had 3 meals in the past 2 days because I cannot chew whatsoever.
I think my dentist may have tightened the wire too much or something.

LMZ

#18 Post by LMZ »

I am on week 3 and I also have had no pain at all! I have felt pressure which has been uncomfortable but not the kind of pain that I was preparing myself for. Let's just consider ourselves lucky for now :D
Last edited by LMZ on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2nd go Jo

#19 Post by 2nd go Jo »

I'm sooo glad you've posted this. I had my braces yesterday and expected to awake in major pain, but other than rubbing sores I'm fine! I managed a curry for tea last night and although I wasn't prepared for the mess, it was ok. I too was worried that the ortho hadn't tightened me up enough, but I'm reassured now! Thanks! :lol: