activating largewire? PICTURE

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

okikio

activating largewire? PICTURE

#1 Post by okikio »

So from brace day I have had my top 4 teeth braced with a large wire. They said I will be wearing this wire for 3 to 6 months and then they will brace all my top teeth. My first adjustment they "activated" the wire and told me to continue wearing my rubber bands. I just went in today for my second adjustment and they activated the wire again. What the heck? I thought they already activated it? I have had this wire for 5 1/2 months so I thought they would be taking it off. Instead they said they will see me in 8 weeks. Has anyone else have had this large wire activation thing?

-Michael-

#2 Post by -Michael- »

I've never seen that setup before. Interesting.

I've learned to SPEAK UP, the moment they say something I don't understand. I immediately stop them and ask, ok what are you doing, what does that 'word' mean and what is going to happen with my teeth?

I got tired of leaving the ortho office with questions in my head.

okikio

#3 Post by okikio »

My ortho says my mouth is crowded in the front so this wire is pushing my teeth back to make more room. I am just tired of this wire because of the hooks. Anyways I was just seeing if anyone else on here has had the same thing I have and could tell me how it went for them.