Bracket broke off with one week to go!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NishaGh1

Bracket broke off with one week to go!

#1 Post by NishaGh1 »

Help me, y'all. I'm about to start crying. I just broke a bracket off - the first time it's ever happened - and I only have a week to go. Will this put off my getting my braces off? I plan on getting it fixed tomorrow.

NishaGh1

#2 Post by NishaGh1 »

Thanks so much. I was really hoping I'd go in tomorrow and they'd be like, "Oh well, we might as well just take them off!" :lol: But I've only been stabilizing for 5 weeks, so I don't know about that.

catfish

#3 Post by catfish »

I don't want to try to predict what your ortho would say, but I'll be surprised if it matters at all. I've had brackets fall off before, and for some of them the ortho just let it go and I never got replacements. For the others, he put bands on to hold them more securely. But he waited until my next regular appointment, so there was no rush at all.

Try not to worry too much. I'm sure it will be fine. Let us know how it turns out!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

dojo

#4 Post by dojo »

Such accidents can happen so don't worry that much. Your doctor will tell you more, but I assume it won't be a big deal. Anyway .. keep us posted and keep a positive attitude ;)
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces