Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

urfutureortho

#736 Post by urfutureortho »

Well, the understanding that I had from the two orthos that are in the city I live in, that the figure 8 was the norm and when they needed to make the wire more secure and tight, they used the tie wires to wrap it in, which made it even tighter than the figure 8 could. So I guess it just depends on where you are and what your ortho wants. I'm not sure. Thanks for replying to what I had to say.

jgrrl22

#737 Post by jgrrl22 »

Just wanted to bump this thread up...

I'm going for my third adjustment tomorrow and trying to decide what lig colors to get. I currently have pink & orange... I'm thinking of maybe a light blue or light green. Hmm... I'll post pics tomorrow and let y'all know what I decided on!

sparkles

#738 Post by sparkles »

what colour ligs for a wedding?
My best friend is getting married end of July (she just told me at the weekend) I've my first adjustment beginning of July. I was originally going to ask for orange or purple or red ligs but now I have a wedding to go to, I think I need something that is going to look a tad more stylish :)

My dress is navy blue with white spots. Do I get matching blue ligs (baby blue perhaps) or should I go for silver, lemon, baby pink (that's what I have on now and think they take away any harshness of metal brackets), or something else? Something that does a similar job to the baby pink and doesn't make my teeth look yellow in comparison to the colour of the ligs.

Don't want to do clear as don't want to risk staining (I have my birthday in between and want to eat something niiiice :) )

AngelRuse

#739 Post by AngelRuse »

First, I wanna say wow. I was surprised so many were brave enough to post pictures. (Newbie alert!). But then, I've always been self-conscious about showing my teeth to anyone. But it's been really cool going through this thread to see lig colors...I think I'm gonna have to get baby blue next adjustment, that's a gorgeous color!

That said, you all have given me a dose of bravery, maybe I'll post my teeth tomorrow. (Just got braces last week, so they're gonna be crooked!) I'm wearing what the office calls, "Midnight Glow", which unfortunately isn't glow in the dark (he doesn't have any...grr). It's kinda like a cobalt blue type color.

@Sparkles - I think the baby blues are a good idea, as they match the color of your dress and as I said up there, I think it's really pretty.

Other than that, silver might be toned down for such an occasion as a wedding. Just my newbie 2 cents.

:D

Miss Smiley

#740 Post by Miss Smiley »

I tried one glow in the dark lig and boy was it raunchy after 3 weeks. My clear ligs fared much better.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

sparkles

#741 Post by sparkles »

I chose purple today!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

bracesafter40

#742 Post by bracesafter40 »

I love the colours, but choosing coloured ligs isn't for me... I've chosen clear each adjustment. Last adjustment the ortho kept pressuring me to choose a bright colour, but no, I didn't...
So let's see what clear looks like...
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

bracesafter40

#743 Post by bracesafter40 »

I just got purple again as I looked at the choices and I had done them all except white and I did not really feel for white just yet...

There is a larger picture here.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

pearls

#744 Post by pearls »

My newest colours: Light pink and light blue :D I quite like them, although I'm still getting used to the blue, I'm sure it will grow on me!

Pearls.
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

HIMgurl

#745 Post by HIMgurl »

Love this teal ligs! 5th adjustment already, so exicting!

I have just completed my treatment!!

uga09

#746 Post by uga09 »

Clear ligs on top and radical red on bottom!

My braces story
Started/updated July 23, 2008

sparkles

#747 Post by sparkles »

HIMgurl I LOVE that colour! Think I may see if my ortho has that colour next time I have an adjustment!

landela

#748 Post by landela »

Finally decided to try some colors out. I just wanted to do it on the bottom so if I hated them, they wouldn't be so noticible.

Hot pink and Turquoise!

Laynie

Braced - April 24, 2008
Last adjustment - December 16, 2008
Trangle elastics - August 26 - Current (only at night from 11/11/2008 - Current)
Treatment end date - January 28, 2009

Click link to read my braces story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 532#258532 - Updated 11/11/2008 with pictures

Alaina

#749 Post by Alaina »

Pink and yellow for the summer 8)

zefirynka

#750 Post by zefirynka »

Red and white - patriotic :)