Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PuppySmiles

#766 Post by PuppySmiles »

I love Meryaten's shades-of-pink ligs. I wonder if I can find an ortho who offers the same brackets, and if I'm very VERY careful about eating non-staining foods, if I can pull it off.

:pinkbraces:

That would be ever-so-fashionista.

pearls

#767 Post by pearls »

This time I stayed away from the colours and got silver. i REALLY like them!

excuse the arrows pointing to my uneven canines ! :)
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

PuppySmiles

#768 Post by PuppySmiles »

O, Meryaten, you are too silly. The PINK is the THING!

Pearls, the gray is very nice. A very clean look.

HIMgurl

#769 Post by HIMgurl »

My 6th adjustment colors. I guess the assistant didn't hear that well during the appointment. I asked for pink and GRAY...got pink and GREEN! But it still really cute!

Does anyone know what that tiny bar infront of the upper frontals is for? They gave me a new archwire and I didn't notice that in the office.

I have just completed my treatment!!

Chantal

#770 Post by Chantal »

What a great idea!!! Thanks for thinking about it Meryaten!
I don't know if I will dare color though! Maybe blue some day... Seeing pictures helps imagine a lot!

browneyedgrl

#771 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Him,

It looks like a stop was placed in between your centrals. BTW, the pink and green chains look great!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

HIMgurl

#772 Post by HIMgurl »

Hey brown,

Thanks, now I know what it is! The two colors have grown on me. Reminds me of spring flowers. lol
I have just completed my treatment!!

treelessbark

#773 Post by treelessbark »

Today was my first adjustment and i got the guts to ask for hot pink...only on the bottom :D. We decided on Pearl VS. Clear on top cause it's known to not stain as bad, my ligs were all sexy yellow. MMMHMM. Me teeth look so much whiter now..and soon my hair should match my bottom braces :D

PuppySmiles

#774 Post by PuppySmiles »

hahaha, I love that you're brave enough for the nose piercing and for pink hair but it's clear on top only!

I predict you'll be into the colors on top before too long, treeless! Be brave!

treelessbark

#775 Post by treelessbark »

Haha Puppy, i never thought of it that way. Mostly it's cause i look so young [i am only 21 as is, but look about 16] and am afraid of being mistaken for even younger. That, and it issss a big step. Sometimes the colored ligs don't look as good on ceramic as they do on metal. Hehe.

Lela

#776 Post by Lela »

Does anyone know if the "pearl" color talked about here is the same as what my ortho calls "tooth" ?

And have any of you tired the pastel yellow ligs and know how they hold up to coffee and tomato stains?

I'm still a long way away from my first adjustment but I plan to go with the regular ligs next time and not the tefflon coated wires. My lip keeps getting caught in the groove on one bracket (ouch!) and I think the rubber lig would fill that in. I hope, anyway.

My ortho has a huge color selection but right now I'm leaning toward either silver or periwinkle. I plan to be as low key as possible with the colors :lol:
Fully braced 9-02-08
Braces off 9-21-09

Miss Smiley

#777 Post by Miss Smiley »

I have baby blue and WHOA BOY! These suckers are turning dingy dark gray after 3 weeks of eating whatever the heck I felt like. That would include tons of tomato sauce, catsup, mustard, turmeric, chili, cajun spices, and bar-b-que sauce.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

zefirynka

#778 Post by zefirynka »

My last adjustment...
On 18th of October I'm saying goodbye to my braces...
:(

KARESS

#779 Post by KARESS »

im right behind you
my final adjustment is September 24th!!
lol.yayyyyyyyy ^_^

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

bracesafter40

#780 Post by bracesafter40 »

I forgot to post these since 2. Sept.

I have an adjustment tomorrow again; Orange it will be for Halloween.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a