Back For Round Two..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blueberry

Back For Round Two..

#1 Post by blueberry »

HI Everyone ive been a member here since i was 16, counted down the days till my extractions, then braces on with the members here, i think my old crowd probably have moved on by now, but im back for round two, as after having my braces off about 6 months, i went to KFC, and took out my acrylic/metal retainers to eat then cleverly proceeded to unwittingly throw them into the bin, fast forward 4 hours and i habitually licked my teeth ( retainer wearers will know what i mean) to discover my fatal mistake.

A few weeks later and £150 down i was left with teeth that had dramatically moved and a retainer moulded to thier new wonky shape = pretty much back to square one :( for the last year or so i have been religiously wearing my wonky retainers, but no improvement and now they have fallen into a state of disrepair.

My situation is so, i can now just about afford to have them re-done privately, i will use the same practice, but as far as i have got with research it will be about £2000, spread over 18 months (for white ceramic ones). Alot of money i know but i think completely worth every penny, and after all those aching days and nights for 11 months, to have nothing to show for it is such a shame. Contacting them tomorrow hopefully to get an appointemnt = £90 just to see them! daylight robbery! I can feel my teeth aching, so i know they are atill sliding back to their old ways, so the time is now! get 'em while they're still on their runners ;). So hopefully im welcome back, and im here to answer any questions you may have.

I had/have a class 3 underbite, 4 extractions: 2 2nd upper bicuspids, and two lower 1st bicuspids. wore fixed metal braces for 11 months, then had one metal, and one invisaline style retainer for a good while. look up my previos posts if you would like to see pictures. Wow long shpiel! thanks for reading and hope to hear/ read your posts soon!
blueberry xxxx

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

Welcome back. I'm somewhat concerned that after wearing your retainers for 6 months your teeth still decided to shift that much...