Perfect Wisdom Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EmBraceAble

Perfect Wisdom Teeth

#1 Post by EmBraceAble »

Hi, All:

I currently have all of my wisdom teeth and they are all straight. When I got my braces @ the beginning of October '08, I got a molar band put on both of them. The molar next to each one on top has been pulled (long ago) and the molar on the left bottom has been pulled (long ago).

My question is, with the pressure put on my wisdom teeth during treatment, will it make my "perfect" wisdom teeth turn sideways or anything??

Thanks.

Danielle

#2 Post by Danielle »

My guess would be if they're banded they're part of the treatment so your Ortho likely has plans for them. What may look perfect to you could still be a problem with your overall bite... but you would need to ask your Ortho only he/she can answer that question.
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

PuppySmiles

#3 Post by PuppySmiles »

I second Danielle's answer: These orthodontists know what they're doing.
But, the other side of that is, sometimes we need to know what they're doing, too! It's a good question to write down and ask at your next appointment!

Dovechild20

#4 Post by Dovechild20 »

I have perfectly straight wisdom teeth (i even have 2 EXTRA wisdom teeth..yea im an alien lol) and ive had my braces for over 2 years now and they havent moved or misaligned or anything of the sort.