Teeth shaved front and back (Is it a common??)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gilda

Teeth shaved front and back (Is it a common??)

#1 Post by Gilda »

Besides many mistakes done by my orthodontist there is one that I am not sure if it is a common procedure like he said so I would like to know who here had it done.
After the assistant removed the braces the orthodontist came and shaved a few teeth front and back. I am not talking about the shaving between teeth that is done during treatment. I am talking about shaving front and back after the braces have been removed.
When I questioned him of so much shaving he said it was a common procedure. So I let him continues but I felt he was " forcing" the teeth into a position.
I would like to know if this is indeed a common procedure and how many people had it done.
I would like to clarify that I am not talking about shaving between teeth. He shaved between the teeth several times during the treatment even one week before the braces were removed.

KARESS

#2 Post by KARESS »

I dont know but my orthodonist shaved my tooth in the front and i can feel the texture difference & it bothers me.
It was a little longer than the other tooth so i guess he did it to make it look the same as the other.

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

Gilda

#3 Post by Gilda »

I know for a fact that he was removing enamel. He said he was going to shape the teeth to be alighned with the other teeth. This was a tooth that came out of alighted during treatment. This teeth is now darker than the other ones.