NEW HERE. =/

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SNAGGLEbeGONE

NEW HERE. =/

#1 Post by SNAGGLEbeGONE »

HELLO EVERYONE, I'M NEW HERE.
I'VE BEEN WANTING TO GET BRACES SINCE I WAS TORMENTED IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AND CALLED SNAGGLE TOOTH.
SO, NOW I AM 20, AND CAN AFFORD BRACES.
I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A LITTLE KID WITH THEM ON.
SO ANY IDEAS ON COLORS I SHOULD GET?
AND ARE THE CERAMIC ONES REALLY THAT EASY TO STAIN??

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED. THAAANKS. =]

TWild

#2 Post by TWild »

I'm 32 and have had mine on since Oct 6th. I use the silver color to match the braces and they are hardly noticable (the ligatures that is)

socksy

#3 Post by socksy »

Hi Snaggle, ceramic brackets themselves don't stain - it is the elastics (ligatures) that tie the brackets to the archwire that sometimes stain. I have ceramic brackets and clears ligs and I've been really happy with them. People say they can barely tell I'm wearing braces - they are that discreet. The two things that I've personally found that will stain are curry and mustard. I avoid those two things and eat everything else no trouble. Good luck and congratulations on getting your braces.

clear Radiance brackets top and bottom

TigerLily

#4 Post by TigerLily »

I have clear brackets and my ortho uses wire ties aka metal ligatures so have never had different colours. I had the odd clear ligature (due to tooth positioning) or powerchain which did get stained but were changed but nobody really noticed except for me. For the last few months, I've just been in wire ligtatures. Apparently not all orthos do them except for 'clinical need' but it's worth asking.