bracing myself

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceasourus

bracing myself

#1 Post by braceasourus »

When i was little, around 10 i have an expander and braces. my teeth moved again and then in high school i got the expander again. That Dentist failed too and now i am 23 and on my way to my 3rd expander and braces.

Today was my first day they started treatment. Right now i just got my rubber band spacers for the expander. it hurts a little but i know this is nothing compared to what is coming. I get the expander in 2 weeks, i will have that for a month and then they will add the braces. I am getting the clear ones.

I am so beyond excited to start this all. My teeth are awful awful awful. Its seriously so embarrassing i feel like people don't treat me like a normal person, like i don't get the same respect because my teeth. All I want is to be able to smile.

My Doctor warned me this is going to be a really long road. I will have to have a double expander on the top, braces for 18 months and i will have to sleep with a tongue guard at night because i am a tongue thruster. When its all done my doctor said i might have to wear a permanent retainer behind my teeth to prevent any shifting. This is all very expensive too and i will be in debt for a very long time but i really feel its worth it.

anyways i just wanted to say hello to everyone and to see if anyone else here has a complicated case like me?

32withbraces

#2 Post by 32withbraces »

Welcome

I have a very complicated case as well..my teeth are every which way and a total mess.i will be in braces for about a yr followed by jaw surgery to fix a svere overbite.then another 6 months or so in braces!!
i figure ill have false teeth by the time i get it all paid for.lol :) like you i feel it is a good investment.I grind my teeth like thers no tomorrow and have a heck of a time chewing anything remotely hard,,i only have 3 teeth that actually touch.I think the top are afraid of the bottoms. :D
good luck with the journey.i get braced in feb

braceasourus

#3 Post by braceasourus »

hey thanks for the reply. its nice to know im not the only one with a difficult case. The thing that will get me through it is at least i know there is a beautful light at the end of the tunnel!

I have to say these spacers hurt soooo bad today. I didnt expect be this sore owchies

Soworththeeffort

#4 Post by Soworththeeffort »

32withbraces wrote:I think the top are afraid of the bottoms. :D
Dude, that's hilarious.