seriously....NOTHING is happening!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amberblue

seriously....NOTHING is happening!!

#1 Post by amberblue »

Hey just a quick query....got my braces on (6 weeks ago on friday)....it feels and looks like NOTHING at all is happening...no movement, no pain (anymore)...no wires poking...nothing...is this normal?? For the record i have alot of crowding and my ortho said he expects big changes before my first adjustment which is in two weeks

so frustrated.....any replies appreciated :(

Lingualita

#2 Post by Lingualita »

Hi,

I have the exact same experience as you do. Been braced for 8 weeks (uppers) and 5 weeks lowers, and I cannot see a difference. And I am constantly taking pictures, and I have initial pictures to compare with, so I am certain there hasn't been much movement.

This is so frustrating, since most threads I read here are about how fast people's teeth move..

Let me know what your ortho says at your next adjustment. I have my next adjustment in about four weeks. Will keep you posted on what my ortho says.

Lets hope those teeth start moving soon :D

Sleclerc

#3 Post by Sleclerc »

Are you sure nothing is happening? I couldn't see a lot of changes up front but where I had coils and power chains along the rear of my mouth I could def feel it. When you floss do you feel any change at all? With the overcrowding do they plan on removing any teeth? What kinda things/dvices you got on? Like anything to create space or?

Sleclerc

#4 Post by Sleclerc »

I also want to say that we have been braced for about the same amount of time. Ive had one adjustment already and my next is in about 15 days I think.

#5 Post by newbie »

I think some doctor's are more agressive than others. Mine isn't very agressive. I respect him wanting to take it slow due to the pain factor but still....

I've been fully braced since the beginning of March and haven't seen any movement yet either. My first adjustment isn't until tomorrow.

It's frustraiting. I want to go ahead and get this over and done with.

jenny101101

#6 Post by jenny101101 »

Even though you can't see changes, trust me they're happening. I find if you take pictures more often, the less changes you'll see. It's hard but I waited a month to take pics. Then I could see changes, even if they were little ones, and knew something was happening.

Also, just because your teeth aren't sore anymore doesn't mean nothing is happening. Mine tend to be tender one day and the not the next and then tender again. It's very normal :D .

newbie: I've been braced for 14 months and I, too, though my ortho wasn't very aggressive(compared to my sister's ortho). I was "sentenced" to 22 months and just last week my ortho said I may have them off as early as June(that's 6 months early). Every ortho is different and it may feel like (s)he's not being aggressive enough, but it's not healthy for things to move TOO fast...it can be damaging in the long run.

It's still early in all your treatments. Be patient..I know, easier said then done :? . I was once in your shoes and there will be more ups and downs but we're all here at AW to help out.

If you would like to see my progress story, just click on the www at the bottom of my post. Hopefully my pics will give you some idea of the rate teeth could/should/will move. :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#7 Post by blindboarder2008 »

well said jenny. the only thing I would add is that sometimes our teeth move slower then what was first expected. Jenny is right about taking pictures with longer intervals in between.

I know how frustrated you all are but hang in there!! You'll soon see changes and it will be very exciting!!!!! Bst of luck to all of you!!!!!!!!! :D
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

#8 Post by newbie »

Hmm....did I just say that my ortho wasn't aggresive. Silly me. I should have waited until after my first appointment before I posted.

I change my opinion. I just got back from first adjustment. He went up on the size of the wire signifcantly and put in something called an A wire on my top teeth. Ouch! I'm sure this is going to hurt for a few days.

Jenny, 6 months earlier? Wow. That would be a dream come true.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to be have faith that things are happening. I'm not taking pictures.

amberblue

wow!

#9 Post by amberblue »

thank so so much for all the replies..im glad it's not just me!....yes today when i was flossing i "think" it was easier between one particular tooth but its not significant in the slightest...my first adjustment is two weeks away from this coming monday so im curious what he tells me. I have a feeling he will be dissapointed though as he has already told me he expects alot of movement. I wonder if by some miracle will they just strighten a bit overnight :roll: a girl can dream! i will keep you posted and let you know, again thank you for the replies and to others with little movement i hope it all starts moving soon!! x

amberblue

#10 Post by amberblue »

sorry forgot to answer a question someone asked....i have had my centre front tooth in my bottom arch removed.....no change in gap size at all (dosent really bother me though i can wait for that). I have no devices in yet except for the wires and bracket.

My treatment plan is solely for straightening my teeth...like i said i have severe crowding but i also have an overjet. My choice of treatment was one tooth removal and in the bottom arch and IPR and straightening which he estimates will take less than a year to correct (think it's something similar to the 6 month braces thing) or he could make my teeth what he calls "perfect" i.e alot of work on my bite but he would then have to remove 4 back teeth....i opted for the first option as the overjet does not bother me that much and i do not think i could wear braces for the two years+ he estimated....not looking perfection bite-wise just straight teeth! thanks again