EXTRACTIONS AND CANKER SORES

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SNAGGLEbeGONE

EXTRACTIONS AND CANKER SORES

#1 Post by SNAGGLEbeGONE »

Ok. So, I just want to know if this is normal.

I got an extraction last week, and ever since then I've gotten at least 6 canker sores right around that area. It's grossing me out, and it's really painful.

Has this happened to any of you? I'm curious if it's a normal reaction to an extraction.

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#2 Post by blindboarder2008 »

ah yes extraction and canker soares not such a fun mix this is true. I do remember getting a few of them after my wisdom teeth extractions and the dental surgeon didn't seem so worried about them. I am assuming maybe something was rubbing up against them or something. you may want to try out the salt water rinse mixture. It seems to help me whenever i get canker soares plus it will keep your mouth nice and clean at the same time. You can use the rinse as many times as you like. I wouldn't suggest you use any sort of canker sore product for a while as my dentist said no to them until things healed up more plus most of the bottles say not to use them with freshly new extraction sites. best of luck!!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

Andromeda

#3 Post by Andromeda »

Do you already have your braces on? I got my extractions a couple weeks before braces and didn't get any sores.

SNAGGLEbeGONE

#4 Post by SNAGGLEbeGONE »

Andromeda wrote:Do you already have your braces on? I got my extractions a couple weeks before braces and didn't get any sores.
No, I don't get my braces for another two weeks. So I'm curious as to if this is a normal thing.

Inova

#5 Post by Inova »

Hi
I had a lower incisor whipped out on Friday and yes I have a very painful ulcer (canker sore) near the site of extraction for the last 3 days. Have been using Bonjela to reduce the pain. I think they can be caused by the dentists tools. Have 2 more extractions on Friday and braces on Monday!!!
Hope you heal up soon