Is anyone in the US millitary with braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amandajane

Is anyone in the US millitary with braces?

#1 Post by amandajane »

Is anyone in the US millitary with braces?Airforce, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Navy?

Did you get them before or after boot camp?

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Currently enlisted in the US Air Force, I had to have my braces removed before boot camp so whatever you do you can get braces now but won't be able to enlist until after your braces are removed. Or you can enlist get done with boot camp and tech school and then get to your duty station and get braced then I think I don't know about that one.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

changes09

#3 Post by changes09 »

I'm in the Navy, and I got braces after boot. You cant get braces in boot, when your on a ship or deployed. So baisically only when you are on shore. The only way you can get braces for free (in the Navy anyways) is if its in conjunction with orthognathic surgery.

AFLeadDog

#4 Post by AFLeadDog »

In The Air Force SARME and MSDO...27 May2008 Braces **atleast parcialy on 29 Aug 2009. It only took sixteen years of whining begging and pleeding at 7 different stations for some one to take my case....and then they pull the srarme msdo surgery out!!!!.....ok I an game!@! No male me look better!
Respectfully,

AFLeadDog

amandajane

response

#5 Post by amandajane »

It only took sixteen years of whining begging and pleeding at 7 different stations for some one to take my case....
What does this mean exactly?

My story:viewtopic.php?t=31380

kyhwa777

#6 Post by kyhwa777 »

I am in the Army and have had braces for bout 20 months.

AFLeadDog

#7 Post by AFLeadDog »

It means I have had severe crowding both upper and lower. Every dentist I have ever seen has referred me to or said i should see an orthodontist. Over the past years either the military ortho’s schedule was full (more severe cases) or there was not one in the area. The military will not pay for Ortho unless it’s a medical necessity. If you are lucky enough to be stationed at a place where there is in ortho that has the time to see new patients you might have a shot...
Respectfully,

AFLeadDog

amandajane

response

#8 Post by amandajane »

If you are lucky enough to be stationed at a place where there is in ortho that has the time to see new patients you might have a shot...

Afleaddog- I'm 31, I don't think they take 31 year olds. But thanks anyways.

AFLeadDog

#9 Post by AFLeadDog »

Nope, sorry the cut off is 27...must be in basic training before 28th b-day.
Respectfully,

AFLeadDog