Faith!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amandajane

Faith!

#1 Post by amandajane »

My orthodontist, told me to Have Faith! I am trying to be optimistic and postitive. But I'm starting to have doubts. Did I go to the right orthodontist? I think I did, she certainly has the training and credentials.

This is my second time in braces at 31, and the first time I got braces I can't even remember if I got a cleaning or what I ate. It was as if I was in a fog mentally as a teenager.

My second time around:
I've been doing really well with hygenie and regular cleanings and eating soft foods. Am I still lacking Faith?

my story: viewtopic.php?t=31380

Jendz

Re: Faith!

#2 Post by Jendz »

amandajane wrote:My orthodontist, told me to Have Faith! I am trying to be optimistic and postitive. But I'm starting to have doubts. Did I go to the right orthodontist? I think I did, she certainly has the training and credentials.

This is my second time in braces at 31, and the first time I got braces I can't even remember if I got a cleaning or what I ate. It was as if I was in a fog mentally as a teenager.

My second time around:
I've been doing really well with hygenie and regular cleanings and eating soft foods. Am I still lacking Faith?

my story: viewtopic.php?t=31380
Aww... I don't think you are lacking faith at all! Sometimes I think we just have a little doubt here and there and need a little pick-me-up. I have often wondered the same thing, as I chose to let my dentist handle my braces. But at the end of the day I smile in the mirror and as those braces gleam back at me and I see the progress every day I realize what an incredible journey this has been and how I am making a huge investment in myself, in my smile.

I can only imagine that your smile is getting more beautiful by the day and that you too have had an incredible journey with braces. It sounds like you are taking very good care of your investment and that everything is going to come out perfect :D .

Keep Smiling!
Almost 2 1/2 years in full braces, ceramic on top, metal on the bottom. Had 3 teeth pulled, 1 gap closed-2 more to close with springs and bands. Estimated brace removal day about 90 days! (Looking at June 2010)

amandajane

re:

#3 Post by amandajane »

I can only imagine that your smile is getting more beautiful by the day and that you too have had an incredible journey with braces. It sounds like you are taking very good care of your investment and that everything is going to come out perfect .
Keep Smiling!
I really appreciate that and thanks for the positive comment. :D

My story: viewtopic.php?t=31380