Inclinnation of incissors

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dentalguy

Inclinnation of incissors

#1 Post by dentalguy »

Just wanted to get some info on the angles at which the front surfaces of my incisors should be at if I had a 'perfect' bite. Are both the upper and lower incisors meant to be vertical or tipped forwar slightly with the incisal edges being a bit more anterior?

classII

#2 Post by classII »

The angle formed by a tangent drawn to the anterior or labial surface of the incisor crowns to the perpendicular drawn to occlusal plane is known as labial inclination. Occlusal plane is that plane which connects the incisal or biting edge of acentral incisor tooth to the occlusal or biting surfaces of the molar teeth. The measuring of the labial inclinations of the incisor teeth becomes particularly important to the dentist or orthodontist in determining when the esthetic and functionalrequirements of treatment have been achieved. A ten degree , 10°, difference between the inclination of the maxillary and mandibular central incisors is the goal of treatment, with a range of +5° to +15° for the maxillary centralincisor and a range of -5° to +5° for the mandibular central incisor considered acceptable. The ideal goal for labial inclination in the maxillary central incisor is +10°; and 0° for the mandibular central incisor, andorthodontic treatment is directed, at least in part, to the attainment of these angular goals. The establishing of treatment goals for incisor inclination is related also to mathematical tooth size ratios as determined through the use of the BoltonTooth Size Analysis, 1952.

Enjoy :lol:

chemicalfan

#3 Post by chemicalfan »

Did you mean angle of the teeth, or angle of the surface? I've got pretty bad damage to my incisors through bruxing, which my ortho is going to sort out on Monday by grinding my teeth. Can't wait :cry: