Desperately in need of Nance advice!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SpeakEasyAmy

Desperately in need of Nance advice!

#1 Post by SpeakEasyAmy »

I just had my nance installed today and I'm seriously considering asking my orthodontist to remove it. I'm a high school teacher so I need to speak all day long. The nance not only inhibits my ability to communicate, it also causes a great deal of pain as my tongue rubs against the metal supports. Will this get better? Am I overreacting? I could handle speaking with the sores on my cheeks from my brackets, but my tongue is a different story. Please help :(
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

Elizabeth Kubler Ross

drrick

#2 Post by drrick »

it will get easier and you will get used to it quickly

for the speech practice reading alound for a while and speech will improve very quickly.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

tlkiser

#3 Post by tlkiser »

Hang in there with your nance - it will get better. I've had one for about 9 months now and it really doesn't bother me at all any more. I do quite a bit of presenting and training at work, and was really worried when I first got mine, but it's fine now.

I do notice changes from time to time - I'm assuming it's caused by the changes in my teeth and bite. But, it's nothing compared to when the nance was new.

Don't be afraid to talk - I'd say talk as much as you can. You'll get used to it more quickly.