Braces Off!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

walks

Braces Off!

#1 Post by walks »

After 4 years, 2 months and 24 days, (not that I'm counting) my braces were removed today. I really thought this day would not arrive, I almost could not remember not having braces, which is silly since I was 53 when the braces went on. It's been a long road, with some pain, some frustration and some wondering if I would ever enjoy eating a meal again...but I am totally happy for taking the plunge! My ortho placed the oringinal mold of my teeth, taken before the braces went on, on the table next to my chair and I was horrified looking at what used to be my mouth. It was actually shocking and a testimony to the power of braces and the skills of a good orthodontist to make incredible changes (sorry no before and after pictures, you'll have to take my word on this).

So for those of you who have taken the plunge, keep on trucking...you too will be grateful.

For those that are considering the plunge, to me it's a pretty straight-forward decsion, if you don't like the way your teeth are today, dive in.

nuttynat

#2 Post by nuttynat »

Wow 4 years is a very long time.

I could only imagine how happy you are to have them off and to enjoy eating a meal again!
8/Jan/10 Wired up, but no place to go
4/May/10 Full upper & lower brackets put on

Donna

#3 Post by Donna »

Congrats!! Four years ...wow. You must be so happy!

MrMetalMouth1029

#4 Post by MrMetalMouth1029 »

Congratulations! That's a lot of time, and it comes to show that if you could handle it so gracefully, then all of us can :) Enjoy your popcorn, lol!
Braced (upper and lower): 10/29/08
Debraced: 3/17/10
Now sportin' a permanent bottom retainer
Alternate clear retainers every 12 hours