searching for tooth movement....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

peach

searching for tooth movement....

#1 Post by peach »

The other day I was looking at my teeth to see how the gaps are coming along when I realized two things: 1. Looking at my teeth is the equivalent of watching grass grow... 2. My 10 year old self would have been very disappointed if she knew how her future self spent much of her time :shock:

Bellalalala

Re: searching for tooth movement....

#2 Post by Bellalalala »

peach wrote:The other day I was looking at my teeth to see how the gaps are coming along when I realized two things: 1. Looking at my teeth is the equivalent of watching grass grow... 2. My 10 year old self would have been very disappointed if she knew how her future self spent much of her time :shock:
best.post.ever

essdee

#3 Post by essdee »

Hahaha, seconded.

I've just had to have a word with myself after scrutinising my teeth for the nth time in the bathroom mirror, checking for changes... :oops:

yo

#4 Post by yo »

So it's not just me who would like a micrometer to check for movement?

Bekah

#5 Post by Bekah »

Very well said! And here I thought it was just me!!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

appygirl82

#6 Post by appygirl82 »

Ok, I love this post! So true.... :lol:

jambo532

me too

#7 Post by jambo532 »

I too have spent much time in the bathroom mirror looking for changes... I even have a mirror in my purse that i whip out on occasion. I'm pathetic... it's only been 9 days!

Kinda Nervous

Changes

#8 Post by Kinda Nervous »

I spend so much time in front of the bathroom mirror mine talks to me
Mirror to me: You again, No change. Your teeth will change when you
stop looking... I think I'm wearing a path in the floor to the bathroom
mirror.... I haven't brought a mirror in my purse yet, but almost ran off
the road looking in the mirror driving. OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF BRACES , And if this was our kids we would yell at them,,,, To stop
looking.... :lol:

wycket

#9 Post by wycket »

Hilarious!!! :jokerlaugh: Couldn't have said it better myself ---- perfect!!! :thumbsup: I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who is completely OBSESSED with my teeth at this point!

Steph in Sac

#10 Post by Steph in Sac »

Great post! So, for those who are more seasoned, how long before anything noticable happens. Obviously, that is going to vary person to person....just curious.

wycket

#11 Post by wycket »

I've been braced for 5 weeks tomorrow, and I started seeing small changes within the first week. My teeth are pretty crowded and overlapping in some spots, so I think the changes are more noticeable due to this. I'm quite pleased with what I've seen so far, but have a feeling that down the road it'll be harder, since it seems bite correction probably isn't as visually obvious. ;)

Steph in Sac

#12 Post by Steph in Sac »

My front four teeth are crowded--I can't wait to see them move apart and fall into place. :)

essdee

#13 Post by essdee »

I noticed one crowded bottom tooth straighten up after two weeks. So it is worth checking a lot!

Actually, I hadn't noticed the movement from my obsessive bathroom-mirror scrutiny, but from comparing with a 'before' pic I'd taken by sticking my mouth up to my computer's inbuilt camera. Anyone else done that?! I don't half feel stupid doing it, and yet somehow still compelled...! Good job I live on my own :oops: :crazy:

Under Construction

#14 Post by Under Construction »

That is SO funny! I'm so happy I'm not alone in this obsessing! I realized today that I have a post-lunch tooth routine. I floss, brush, Listerine...then I get out my little dental mirror and look at the space on the roof of my mouth where my impacted tooth should be emerging any time now! If I'm not looking at it directly I'm putting my tongue there to see if by some miracle it popped out when I wasn't paying attention!

jambo532

yay!

#15 Post by jambo532 »

Steph in Sac wrote:Great post! So, for those who are more seasoned, how long before anything noticable happens. Obviously, that is going to vary person to person....just curious.
so 2 weeks in and I saw movement. I know you all think I'm crazy that's why I had my husband verify. I compared pics from the day before braces to the ones I took today. One of my bottom teeth moved! I thought I saw it but then figured it was in my head... after comparing pics it really did move. check it out
www.allbraced.blogspot.com