im about to CRYY!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

UGH!NOTAGAIN

im about to CRYY!!!

#1 Post by UGH!NOTAGAIN »

omg! :( i have to get my braces on again tomorrow morning!.. the first time i didnt wear my retainer so now..here they go again..my ortho said 12 months...do u think its possible for them to move faster???

its not bad at all its just one tooth got crowded and is out.. ugh!!

please ease my mind im 22! and this sucks!... :oops: :( :( :( :ThumbsDown:

nuttynat

#2 Post by nuttynat »

12 months sounds like a long time for one tooth?
8/Jan/10 Wired up, but no place to go
4/May/10 Full upper & lower brackets put on

Steph in Sac

#3 Post by Steph in Sac »

The 12 months (or less) will go by fast. Be happy you are 22 and can have it out of the way by the time you are 23. I had braces from 13-16 and my lower teeth crowded in my twenties--I am now 37 and decided to get a lower set of braces. I should've fixed them in my twenties....

Best of luck to you.

jambo532

wow

#4 Post by jambo532 »

holy poo. I'm so sorry for you. that sucks. I am 23 and just got my braces on almost 2 weeks ago... sentenced to 2 years. I could not imagine having to go back and do it all over again. I am for sure wearing my retainer.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

cathykay

#5 Post by cathykay »

I got my braces on at 20 and I'm 21 now. This is my first time in braces so I don't share your frustration of needing them a second time, but I can relate to what it's like getting braces at our age. It does suck at first, however you will adjust so quickly and forget you have them on, really. Once all your friends have seen you in braces and you realize with your ID, you can still go out to bars and such, it's not a big deal! ;)

Ceramic on the top, metal on bottom

My Braces Story! (with pictures!)

virgoan

#6 Post by virgoan »

I feel your pain. I just got my braces off in late Dec 09 after a year of having them on and it's looking like I might need them again.

I wear/wore my retainers faithfully, but my top teeth just aren't right and didn't feel right from the day the braces came off (one of my canines is pushing itself back into the gum and the incisor next to it is pushing itself backwards). :cry:

It really sucks but it seems wasteful to not complete treatment after spending all that time and money, right?