How long before I can.......

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisablueeyes1

How long before I can.......

#1 Post by Lisablueeyes1 »

Well I was braced on the 12th!!! Yay me....
Well here is the problem. I Can't eat very much, not that I have pain, But chewing is a nightmare and nothing taste the same!!!! uggggg...
Is anyone else going trough this as well??
I have Cermaic tops and bottoms.

Steph in Sac

#2 Post by Steph in Sac »

I can totally relate!! I got lower clear (ICE braces) put on the 11th and, though it doesn't hurt to eat, I don't like to. I stick mostly to soups, etc. Everytime I try something I have to chew, I don't like how it feels. I hate having food stuck in my braces--it feels weird. After the first bite I get disappointed at the chaos in my mouth. Hopefully, I will lose the 10 lbs I am aiming to lose. :lol: :lol:

lynley

#3 Post by lynley »

I got braced 2/4/10 and am just now getting to the point that I can kind of chew without pain. I also had the weird flavor thing along with sensitive teeth, but that only last the first 5-6 days.

I've eaten a lot of mac-&-cheese and rice-&-beans this month because I can swallow them mostly whole. I've also eaten more mashed and baked potatoes than I have in awhile. And, for the first time in my life, I actually prefer eating with a plastic spoon or fork because the metal seems to jar my front teeth too much.

I'm looking forward to the point when I don't really notice the braces anymore!

Lynley

Lisablueeyes1

#4 Post by Lisablueeyes1 »

Omg!to think this may last over a month!!!!! Will I ever be able to chew with out looking like a fool!!!!! I think I can only use so much wax, it gets stuck every were..... In between the brackets, the spaces that I have...... Shall I say more. Lol but It does make eating a little better. Uggggg anothe 18 To 24 months..... ;-)