Spacing Issues (Too Much Space) Veneers/Bonding

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

naturegirl

Spacing Issues (Too Much Space) Veneers/Bonding

#1 Post by naturegirl »

I have posted anything in a long time, but....I'm getting my braces off April 12!!!

They started sectioning at my last appointment this past Tuesday and I'm now wearing the "W" elastic configuration i.e. the one that feels like your mouth has been sealed shut! ha ha!

Anyways... I told my ortho at the start of treatment that I DID NOT want bonding and that that was the reason I was getting braces instead of just getting a quick fix (i.e. veneers). He told me from the start that my teeth were narrow and that there were some spacing issues (too much space), but he did also note in my chart that I didn't want veneers. I really think he's been doing the best he can with what he as to work with in trying to fix the spacing problem because he always checks the questionable areas with a piece of dental floss (I'm assuming to see if the two teeth are close enough together.) Up until last Wednesday, I had a chain on my top teeth, but no that the chain is off, I have noticed that my front two teeth have moved apart again. (This has happened before, which is why I had to start wearing chains again.)

I'm concerned that, despite my ortho's efforts, I am going to still have to get some type of bonding/veneer to close the space. I really don't like the idea of removing perfectly good enamel to put a veneer on. :(

So I'm wondering (if it turns out that I do need bonding): Can I just get one veneer or do dentists typically want to bond in pairs (i.e. the left and right front tooth)??

Sorry, for the rambling!!

evilnel

#2 Post by evilnel »

I think some bonding can be done between teeth to minimize space without covering the whole tooth/having to prep. And actually, there are now prepless veneers that can be used in some cases. You might look into that.

yo

#3 Post by yo »

I posted my photos in another thread showing my teeth with bonding, and without. http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

I was extremely shocked at how much bonding we had done over the years, it certainly got away from me. The bonding is easier than having a filling, and it can take just a tiny amount to make a huge impact.