Anyone have experience with cosmetic bonding?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

almost50

Anyone have experience with cosmetic bonding?

#1 Post by almost50 »

I coming close to the end of my braces adventure (or so I hope--no date yet).

I have a black triangle between my top two front teeth. My orthodontist did some IPR but is hesitant about doing more because my front teeth would proportionally look too small. It's pretty noticeable.

My dentist suggested cosmetic bonding but I don't know the pros and cons other than the general info I can find on the internet. Biggest concern I have is staining potential over time.

Anyone have any experience they can share?

yo

#2 Post by yo »

I just posted about this in another thread. See my pics of bonded teeth and the bonding removed.

http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

almost50

#3 Post by almost50 »

Wow, that's quite a difference.

Did you notice that there were problems with staining over the years and/or having them match the tooth? How long did they last?

yo

#4 Post by yo »

Any staining was due to what I ate and my hygiene habits!! They were able to match the teeth VERY well. The ortho didn't think I had that much bonding done, he couldn't tell.