Your biggest "oops" moment.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

evilnel

Your biggest "oops" moment.

#1 Post by evilnel »

So last time I had an appointment I accidentally showed up 3 days early for it! I thought it was Friday and it was Monday. This time I was determined not to be a pain in the ass, set my alarm clock--and woke up at 9:53 for my 9:50 appointment: I'd accidentally set my clock to 8 pm instead of 8 am! I called the office desperately apologizing and throwing myself on the alter of orthodontia for another appointment in the next month. They got me in for Wednesday morning. Good thing I'm on spring break.

So anyway, what have your orthodontic oopses been? Ever gone to the wrong office for your appointment? Eaten something you know you shouldn't and majorly broken an appliance? Everybody's gotta have a 'duh' moment!

braced4secondtime

#2 Post by braced4secondtime »

not so much as an oopsie, but within a few hours of getting my braces on, I managed to break a bracket off (which I was later told was normal) but in the whole process I've accidentally "eaten" some elastics (not removing them before a snack) and I've swallowed a back molar bracket too. Blech
First time in braces, no surgery: 1990
Second time in braces: 08/07
Wisdom teeth plus 1 molar each side total 6 teeth removed: 02/08
Upper Jaw surgery: 09/09

evilnel

#3 Post by evilnel »

Wow, the whole bracket? Even though I know what you mean, I am definitely picturing swallowing a molar band, haha.

jambo532

yuck

#4 Post by jambo532 »

so I haven't have ortho oops yet because I haven't gone in for my first adjustment yet but i know I probably ate like a whole pack of wax the forst couple weeks my braces were on. I just always forgot that I put it on and would eat... next thing you know I was wondering why my cheek hurt again.

gokix

Re: yuck

#5 Post by gokix »

jambo532 wrote:so I haven't have ortho oops yet because I haven't gone in for my first adjustment yet but i know I probably ate like a whole pack of wax the forst couple weeks my braces were on. I just always forgot that I put it on and would eat... next thing you know I was wondering why my cheek hurt again.
lol, I don't know how many packets of wax I've gone through...too many to count, but I have ingested lots of minty flavored wax by accident. I try not to use wax anymore unless some sort of irritation occurs from the braces rubbing inside my mouth. I've slowly weaned off of wearing wax, and now my braces no longer irritate my mouth.

yhawks102

Eating wax

#6 Post by yhawks102 »

I haven't done it yet but give me time and I'm sure I will eventually. This is only day 2 with my braces on and I've been good about taking the wax off before I eat. I can already tell wax and I will become BBF's very quickly :)