omg !!!!!! so excited

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xxmissknightxx

omg !!!!!! so excited

#1 Post by xxmissknightxx »

I got a phone call yesterday from the ortho who had to cancell my appointment for the 29th march so i ask for a alternative appointment and im going in tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!! at 1 pm for my brace to be fitted yiipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :D

appygirl82

#2 Post by appygirl82 »

So exciting!!! Enjoy some good food today, eat everything you love!! It will be a little bit before you can eat normal stuff!! Good luck on your journey!

haywire

#3 Post by haywire »

if you're so excited about GETTING braces i can't even imagine how you'll be when you will get debraced :D
good luck!
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

xxmissknightxx

#4 Post by xxmissknightxx »

:D :D im so excited everyone thinks im crazy i cant to get them on

i am having my fav dinner tonight but im not sure what to have tomorow, i think im going to stock up on soup and patatoes for mash :D

DrBlur

#5 Post by DrBlur »

I can see where you're coming from because in a strange way I'm looking forward to beginning treatment and getting my braces on, if only to finally start after all of the anticipation and nervousness
32 years old, total time in braces=30 months

-Braces and palate expander on 4/15/10
-RPE Surgery 9/15/10
-Expander removed 3/11
-Braces Removed 9/7/12
-Retainers in 9/7/12

CeliacMom

#6 Post by CeliacMom »

I know how you feel! My appointment isn't until the 2nd week of April and I keep hoping they will call earlier. I want to get started :)

jambo532

congrats

#7 Post by jambo532 »

Yay... that's so exciting. i was like that to get mine on too. Now I am excited for my appointment in like 3 weeks. haha. congrats.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

CanberraRaiders

Re: omg !!!!!! so excited

#8 Post by CanberraRaiders »

xxmissknightxx wrote:I got a phone call yesterday from the ortho who had to cancell my appointment for the 29th march so i ask for a alternative appointment and im going in tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!! at 1 pm for my brace to be fitted yiipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :D
I wish I were as excited as you are. My appointment is 6 days away.....

HelenUK

#9 Post by HelenUK »

good luck for your braces appointment!

mine is next thursday and i'm really excited too! i already have 6 molar bands in and have adapted quite well to those, so should be fine!

keep us posted!

helen x

DrBlur

#10 Post by DrBlur »

HelenUK wrote:good luck for your braces appointment!

mine is next thursday and i'm really excited too! i already have 6 molar bands in and have adapted quite well to those, so should be fine!

keep us posted!

helen x
How have they been? I'm getting my spacers put in in 2 days and I don't know why, but I'm getting a wee bit nervous! :lol:

-RPE Surgery 9/15/10
-Expander removed 3/11
-Braces Removed 9/7/12
-Retainers in 9/7/12

Steph in Sac

#11 Post by Steph in Sac »

I can relate. I was so excited up until about an hour before my appointment. I got a bit nervous regarding my decision, but soon after they were on, I was excited again. I look forward to my appointments as well. I've had them for about 5 weeks now and am seeing progress. The excitement keeps on coming.

Congrats and best of luck!

DrBlur

#12 Post by DrBlur »

Thanks for the support, I'll keep it in mind!

Other people must think we're all so weird to be excited about getting braces, huh? :lol: :lol:

-RPE Surgery 9/15/10
-Expander removed 3/11
-Braces Removed 9/7/12
-Retainers in 9/7/12

HelenUK

#13 Post by HelenUK »

DrBlur wrote:
HelenUK wrote:good luck for your braces appointment!

keep us posted!

helen x
How have they been? I'm getting my spacers put in in 2 days and I don't know why, but I'm getting a wee bit nervous! :lol:
The spacers were fine, no bother at all. I had to keep checking that they were still there! Molar bands have been a bit worse, with a bit of soreness on the cheeks and tongue, but i havent needed wax or painkillers or anything. I was nervous before the spacers went in, because i'd read a lot of posts that said they were the worst part of treatment and they hurt a lot, but inreality i had no pain at all. If that was the worst part of treatment, bring it on!

loradora

#14 Post by loradora »

I got my brackets yesterday morning, followed by the extraction of a lower front tooth. Today I went in to reschedule wire installation and he took me right away. I am now braced in red...bottom only. Right now, the worst part is eating. I may have to go on a liquid diet. :shock:

DrBlur

#15 Post by DrBlur »

loradora wrote:I got my brackets yesterday morning, followed by the extraction of a lower front tooth. Today I went in to reschedule wire installation and he took me right away. I am now braced in red...bottom only. Right now, the worst part is eating. I may have to go on a liquid diet. :shock:
I'm planning on that, both after my spacers and then after getting the braces on...

-RPE Surgery 9/15/10
-Expander removed 3/11
-Braces Removed 9/7/12
-Retainers in 9/7/12