What kind of waterpik you use?...also, I suck at waterpiking

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gary

What kind of waterpik you use?...also, I suck at waterpiking

#1 Post by gary »

Got a cleaning today and the hygienist told me my gums are bleeding pretty badly. I 've noticed that they had been lately when brushing after she mentioned this to me. She demanded that I get a waterpick and use it at least once a day, if not more. So I went to the drug store and got the "Waterpik" brand. The model number is the WP-70 family jet or something like that. It's really all I could find there. After buying it and looking online, I realize that there are better models out there. Whatever though, they can't be that much different. Anyway, I tried it and it was pretty nuts. Freakin water everywhere. I understand that you don't start the stream until it's in your mouth. But still, I completely doused the walls and mirror with water. At this rate, my girl is gonna kill me every time I use it being the clean freak she is. I don't like this waterpick business...

Snowglobe32

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

:lol:

There is a thread in the Dental Do Dad's about waterpiks that might be a bit helpful.

It took me about 5 times to get it down. Start with a low setting, keep the pik at an angle and keep your lips closer together (but still open so the water can drain out) head down, until you figure out what you are doing.

I still spray water occasionally but it is so worth it. I love my waterpik!

gary

#3 Post by gary »

Thanks! Had I known bout that thread I just woulda gone there....

Delete this thread please MOD...

fosterp

#4 Post by fosterp »

i bought a waterpik that attaches to the shower head you just turn a nob while in the shower and you have an endless supply of water without worrying about water spraying anywhere

Moty

#5 Post by Moty »

I got an Interplak from Wal Mart. They had another brand also, that the package said had a stronger jet, that was more expensive. This one seems to do a good enough job at knocking out the food particles.

Pattyb

#6 Post by Pattyb »

I got the cordless Waterpik. It works okay, except I have to refill it at least once or twice. The spay isn't as hard as I would like, but it is superb for getting particles of food out.

AaronD2010

#7 Post by AaronD2010 »

I have the Waterpik that sits on top of your sink (it comes with 6 different heads). It's great and I absolutely use it everyday in fear that I would encounter the same problem you have. You'll get used to it! :lol: