Snack Foods for the Road

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

beautifulbraceddiva

Snack Foods for the Road

#1 Post by beautifulbraceddiva »

I'm traveling with my family on a 8 hour charter bus to a family reunion and I need some good ideas for snacks that I can buy to take on the bus with me.

TumbleDryLow

#2 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Pretty much anything that's convenient to travel with would be OK. Of course you want to stay away from anything really hard or sticky (toffee, caramel), but I would think pretzels, chips, chocolate would be fine. Just take some water so you can swish. Pack a travel kit with toothbrush, toothpaste and a cup so you can brush at the bathroom rest stops.

appygirl82

#3 Post by appygirl82 »

Yea I snack on pretty much everything I would without braces. Like the above post stated, just stay away from the really hard and sticky stuff. But I eat pretzels, chips, candy, granola bars...all the typical snack stuff!!

beautifulbraceddiva

#4 Post by beautifulbraceddiva »

Thanks this helps a lot!

Pattyb

#5 Post by Pattyb »

I take a lot of road trips so snacks is something that's important to me.

I take a small cooler with me and always make sure to carry some yogurt and a plastic spoon. The reason for this is when I finish a meal I eat some yogurt because it seems to take some of the food bits with it down to the stomach. My mouth feels cleaner at least. Ice cream works well for this too.
But then be sure to brush as soon as you can!

TigerLily

#6 Post by TigerLily »

Maltesers..they melt in the mouth ;-) Part of my 'soft foods diet' which includes cake...

yj207

#7 Post by yj207 »

I discovered this wonderful snack called "pirate booty" its like cheetos kind of different flavor, but they are soft and easy to chew. I like the veggie one a lot.
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

beautifulbraceddiva

#8 Post by beautifulbraceddiva »

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to look for the pirate booty in my local grocery store.

blondie83

#9 Post by blondie83 »

Pirate booty is probably the tastiest thing i've ever eaten, snack-food wise.. oh except for nature valley sweet and salty nut bars.. which i can't eat now because of my sentence, lol.
Blondie83
27 years old
2nd time braced - metal tops and bottoms.. 12-18 month sentence starting 3/23/2010!