Just got braced on March 6th 2010

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rhaqqad

Just got braced on March 6th 2010

#1 Post by rhaqqad »

Hello everyone,

I am a 25 year old male who has wanted braces for over 13 years now. I finally got all my teeth fixed up and got one wisdom tooth extracted that was impacted in the lower jaw. Got the braces and expander put on shortly after on March 6th 2010. My next appointment is April 6th so I can't wait to see what he says has moved or if the expander is helping. I have not smiled in a photo for over 10 years now and I can't wait to show off some straight teeth. I have a removable expander on the top with ceramics and metal bottoms. The Ortho said I should probably have SARPE but, I could not afford that kind of surgery right now. So, we are trying out the expander to fix a crossbite thats not terribly bad. He said I may have to have some teeth shaved to fit everything where it needs to be. When I get home I will try and upload some pictures for you guys to see. Oh, and he does not like to do extractions so I am happy to tell you guys I don't have to have healthy teeth pulled.

Has anyone else here had the removable expander as an adult with any success?

BracketRacket

#2 Post by BracketRacket »

Welcome -- Good luck with the expander!

rhaqqad

#3 Post by rhaqqad »

Here are some pictures. Sorry i'm not very good with taking pictures of my mouth!
These are all pictures of the top teeth. forgot to upload the bottom. Bottoms only have some crowding in the front as you can see from the bottom picture.