Difference Between Radiance Braces and Inspire Ice Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rolo

#1 Post by rolo »

When I looked into the same, I read that Inspire have a lower profile, but Radiance could offer clinical advantages in some cases (according to my ortho) but the advantages were not specified. My ortho, the most experience ortho for my lingual uppers and impacted canine, only uses Radiance, so that was my option, they are fine, I'm not sure I would notice the difference between the look of the two.

xxmissknightxx

#2 Post by xxmissknightxx »

I have radiance on my upper and lower, you cant see them really

TumbleDryLow

#3 Post by TumbleDryLow »

punboi01 wrote:I also heard that most people get inspire ice on their top teeth and normal metal ones on their bottom. Do you know why this is?
1. Cost. My ortho charged a $50 per bracket premium on the Ice brackets. Having my upper social 6 bracketed with Ice cost me an extra $300. It would have added even more to the cost to also do the lowers. You don't really see my bottom teeth at all, so I don't care they are metal.

2. Clinical reasons. If you have a deep bite or just an unfortunate accident, you risk chipping your upper teeth on the clear brackets if your bottoms are also bracketed with Ice. The sapphire is harder than your tooth.

tasha89

#4 Post by tasha89 »

I have radiance braces on the top and love them. Most people can't notice them either