Braced today at 51

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

a*young*51

Braced today at 51

#1 Post by a*young*51 »

Hello and HI :D , Braced today at 51 years old, Want to thank everyone for the tons of information, as I have lurked on this forum for the past few months, trying to gain the courage for this journey!

Audra

#2 Post by Audra »

Good for you. Happy Brace Day! :-)o :-V :-88

Pattyb

#3 Post by Pattyb »

Good luck young fifty one. I'm right there with you (52 years old) so don't be surprised when things really hurt the next two weeks or so. If I can make it though, so can you! We're all here to support you! Let us know how you are doing, okay?

loradora

#4 Post by loradora »

Welcome 51 and 52. I'm 56 and got braces on my lower teeth on 3/17 and I'm not liking them very much. I had some discomfort for a few days afer they were put on, now they're more of an annoyance. We'll see how the first adjustment goes in a few weeks. Good luck.

bugnursebrenda

#5 Post by bugnursebrenda »

Welcome to another 50+! Same here, had my tops put on Feb 25th and it does get better after the first two weeks. I thought I would never get past the initial adjustment time, those "pokies" almost did me in and I think I had a small fortune in wax, LOL. I now have had my first wire change and rarely use wax. I am 52 years young and am very excited to see myself with straight teeth!

sjd

51 started braces today - with wire

#6 Post by sjd »

I had my first real appointment today - but I got a wire in the roof of my mouth. I eat and talk for a living. I had a lunch with a client today - everything I ate got stuck around the wire, couldn't get it off, felt like gagging. I don't like this at all and didn't know I was going to have this wire. I called my ortho after lunch and told him I wasn't sure I could take this. I want to ask him to take it off even if I get less of a result. Ready to cry. Have dinner with clients tonight - don't know how I am going to get through this. Help!

Pattyb

#7 Post by Pattyb »

sjd--I'm not sure why you have a wire in the roof of your mouth. Is this a mistake? You shouldn't really be in pain like that. If you just got braces within the last week or so then trust me, things will get better. I know that is no comfort when you are in pain but sometimes it helps to think of the long term and how great your smile will look when you are done.

Hope this helps.

Patty

I love my teeth

#8 Post by I love my teeth »

do you mean a wire across the roof of your mouth, like a TPA?? If so, I have one and in about 2 weeks you hardly know its there, just don't eat any spinach in front of people, I am forever picking stringy spinach out of my wire!!

If we are talking about the same type of device, trust me, I wanted to cry the first 2 weeks, didn't know what I had gotten myself into, but I've had it in since October, and now I hardly know it's there! Although, I will be happy to have it removed :wink:

good luck hang, in there, and just be choosy what you eat in public, and you should be fine!
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

retainerjoe

#9 Post by retainerjoe »

welcome to the club, an a big congrats to you , enjoy your ride
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

a*young*51

#10 Post by a*young*51 »

Thank you everyone for the welcome, top metals on for two weeks now, they put a 2 loop power chain on to close the gap between my top teeth.....and now its less than half the space it was.....what a confidence builder! :D