why is my top front tooth a little darker?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

melani

why is my top front tooth a little darker?

#1 Post by melani »

Hi
One of my top, front teeth is darker than it should be , than the other one what could that be? it doesn't hurt or anything but a little different
so what can cause that discoloration ?

drrick

#2 Post by drrick »

I would rec you go see your dentist.

Tooth could be dying.

If it is dying the discoloration can get very dark and be hard to correct the color so I rec you see the doc at the soonest possible appt.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

melani

Thank you for the reply

#3 Post by melani »

Thank you for response. I went to my dentist a month ago (March 2010) for regular check up and clean up, and she never mentioned that something is wrong.It's been long time that my front tooth looks like that and I went to the same dentist ..maybe I should change her. I just though it is normal until recently I read an article about it and started to worry.

drrick

#4 Post by drrick »

Did you mention that specifically as an area of concern at your appointment?

I would go for another appt and get an x-ray taken of that tooth (this is a different type than the normal cavity finding x-rays youmay have had last month)

It may be nothing but if it is dying you wil want to get it treated before teh tooth gets too dark.

ONe last thought...if you are talking about an canine tooth those tend to be naturally darker than the incisors.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News