White Spots on Tips of Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AaronD2010

White Spots on Tips of Teeth

#1 Post by AaronD2010 »

I've had my braces on since November 18th 2009 and haven't had any problems. I could do better as far as hygiene goes(I brush once a day, gargle after meals) All of sudden today I noticed that the tips of my two front teeth are whiter then the rest of my teeth. It almost looks chalky. I tried to figure out what it was and can't put my finger on it. HELP!!!!!

Vulcan

#2 Post by Vulcan »

Possibly tooth decalcification? The marker was "chalky" which is what early stage decay looks like. Up your hygiene, and try not to drink sugar drinks if you do. Decalcification happens when plaque has been on the tooth surface too long.

Snowglobe32

#3 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Do you really only brush once a day? I would definitely brush at least 3 times a day (after breakfast, lunch and dinner). Drink everything through a straw and get to your general dentist for a cleaning. If you can, visit the ortho first, have them take the wires out and then go get your teeth cleaned.

Snowglobe32

#4 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I meant to say, brush after breakfast, lunch, and dinner/before you go to bed. You don't want "germs" in your mouth working away while you sleep. Try a flouride mouthwash before bed also. I like ACT.