Teeth making noise

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kinda Nervous

Teeth making noise

#1 Post by Kinda Nervous »

Does anyone hear their teeth crack or make noise, I think I do,
I look and they is nothing but making alot of noise sometimes.
Maybe just me,,,, Let me know . Do you hear your teeth move
or creek or what ever....

b

#2 Post by b »

Yes they do make noise sometimes when I push them with my tounge. Dont worry though, Its just because your gums are softer around the root, so it allows your teeth to move just a little bit. This is a good thing, its means they are on the move!
Spacers in Aug. '09
MARA without elbows on Aug/09
Braces on Nov. 20/09
Elbows for MARA in Feb. 25/10
Braces off August 26, 2010!
Essix Retainers

my story: http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=33571

evilnel

#3 Post by evilnel »

When a lot of movement is happening, the ligaments around your teeth are becoming more loose so the tooth is able to move a bit in the socket if you push on it. I think that's what the sound of the crackling is. I notice it after my teeth have been sore for a few days they will all be crackly suddenly. They will firm up again in the end, though. :)

haywire

#4 Post by haywire »

yeap, same here.. :? i hope the sound and the tiny teeth movement will go away
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

yj207

#5 Post by yj207 »

I'm hearing them right now! It's strange that I start to notice them now of all times after 8 months! I'm glad i'm not alone b/c i was kind of concerned.
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

guitarchick1552

#6 Post by guitarchick1552 »

It just happened to mine too. Thank goodness I'm not the only one! I've only had my braces on for a month and this is the first time it happened and it really freaked me out!

beautifulbraceddiva

#7 Post by beautifulbraceddiva »

Yeah I've been hearing mine I thought my tooth was breaking glad to see it's not just me

a*young*51

#8 Post by a*young*51 »

Yup, mine too!, would be nice if I could find a way to leave mine alone....spend all day pushing them with my tongue and lips to hear the pops :wink:

Kei

#9 Post by Kei »

I keep poking at the tiny middle center tooth i have on the bottom. It stands taller than the rest of my teeth (it used to sit more to the side) now and is loose and so first thing in the morning it makes crackly noises.

Worried me at first but now I figure that it is just doing what it is supposed to be doing.

OCKeith

#10 Post by OCKeith »

Can't say I've heard my teeth making noises yet, but I definitely *feel* them clicking and twitching occasionally. Like others have said, it's probably due to the periodontal ligaments relaxing and then adjusting so the teeth can move. In other words, completely normal!