Addicted to dental

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ceramicmouth

Addicted to dental

#1 Post by ceramicmouth »

Anyone else with the same problem.........

Just can't stop buying dental cleaning equipment and accessories.

I go to buy some bread or milk and come back with one or all of a new toothpaste, mouthwash, dental-wax, toothpix or brush.

The dental section of most stores is a magnet to me. (Metal?)

There's such a choice out there its unbelieveable.

I suppose you gotta just stick with what works best for you and just purchase when required

catgyrl

#2 Post by catgyrl »

YES!!!!! :lol:

You know those plastic, stacking storage containers you can get at Wal-Mart (the ones that look like drawers)? I have an entire one filled with dental supplies: toothpastes, glider flosses, my toothbrush charger, wax... you name it. (I also have a smaller one on my sink.) I think I'm fully supplied for at least half of my 2-year "sentence". I used to head straight for the cosmetics aisle... now I head for dental supplies.

And to think you used to have to put a gun to my head to get me to floss AT ALL! Now I brush 3x a day and floss every evening.

-Cathy

suzyscientist

#3 Post by suzyscientist »

*raises hand*

My name is Suzy and I am addicted to buying dental supplies.

catgyrl

#4 Post by catgyrl »

Is DENTAHOLICS a proper term? :lol:

suzyscientist

#5 Post by suzyscientist »

YES!

We should claim that word as property of ArchWired :D

a*young*51

#6 Post by a*young*51 »

Yup, me too.....think I have 5 different types of floss!

LC'sTeefs

#7 Post by LC'sTeefs »

catgyrl wrote:YES!!!!! :lol:

You know those plastic, stacking storage containers you can get at Wal-Mart (the ones that look like drawers)?

-Cathy
What a great idea!! I have lots of stuff and no where to store it all! Image
What a great obsession!

Lisablueeyes1

#8 Post by Lisablueeyes1 »

Lol I'm addicted to those little proxy brushes!!!!

llehsal

#9 Post by llehsal »

Listen, I haven't even got my braces on yet, and I'm totally addicted. Similar to Cathy, I would run to the cosmetics and beaty sections immediately, now? I go straight to the dental isle, I even make excuses to visit the drug store to get things I can get in the grocery :shock: .

I have a friend who went used the same ortho I'm about to use, so I know what I would be getting in my "goodie bag", so I'm stocking up....I'm just getting too many things....I should stop :cry: , but then again, maybe not. I'll wait till the novelty wears off :P

hal2me

#10 Post by hal2me »

Hello!

At first, I was very addicted to buying new things at the drug store for my teeth and braces. However, once I bought a Dentakit (which I highly recommend for you newly braced) the addiction wore off.

After you find what works for you, the obsession will stop. Take this from an old braced lady :lol:

Have a great weekend!!!

catgyrl

#11 Post by catgyrl »

hal2me-

I forgot to mention that I also have a DentaKit, which I carry in my purse every day, and use while I'm at work, or eating out. But I still need to "replenish" what I use in there, right? :wink:

The things I have an abundance of are actually things that I use frequently: wax, floss threaders, mini-toothpaste tubes (for my DentaKit), proxy brushes.

My good friend gave me her Interplak jet thingie (like a Waterpik), and that's been a godsend.

But this is how addicted I am. Even though I got it for FREE... I still found myself in the dental aisle of WalMart looking for a WaterPik. What's that about?? :lol:

hal2me

#12 Post by hal2me »

Hi catgyrl!

You crack me up! :lol:

You are right! We did need to replenish the supplies in the DentaKit. Maybe I'll stop by Target on my way home from work today. Let's face it, braces are cool!

Maybe I can convince my husband that I need to accessorize my braces with a new Coach bag.....

drpotter

#13 Post by drpotter »

yeah you can add me to that addict list. Never has the dental are aisle been so attractive...
Check out my braces blog: http://www.fullmetalbracket.com/

catgyrl

#14 Post by catgyrl »

(Trying in vain to "injure" my Interplak device so I can pick up a new Waterpik...) Hmmm.... It does leak a bit here and there... :lol:

macgirl4ever

#15 Post by macgirl4ever »

I went to TJ***x last week to buy clothes. I had a budget (because I have to in order to pay my bills). I found the most perfect skirt for an event I'm attending this week but I didn't buy it. Why you ask? Because on my way to the checkout I found a battery powered, purse sized Interplak waterjet for $15. I do have a Waterjet Ultra, but visions of using this at work, after eating at a restaurant, and bringing it when I travel to conveniently dislodge food instantly flashed through my head. I couldn't give it up. I chose a new braces toy over the best skirt ever and I am happy.
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010