Little bit of pain here....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ashesgap

Little bit of pain here....

#1 Post by ashesgap »

Two things...first, my bite is really weird right now, so last night i woke up to taking a freak'n bite of my tongue. That hurt so bad, i almost cried. Stupid husband didn't even wake up...hate deep sleepers.
Second thing..which is what i need help with. I have a lot of scratches and cuts in my mouth and the toothpaste is burning really bad. Its getting to the point that i don't even want to use it, but thats icky. So i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Right now i use Crest ProHealth. Wouldn't mind changing if it helped.
Any ideas?
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

yoginbraces

#2 Post by yoginbraces »

In case you haven't already tried it, start doing warm salt water rinses daily -- they really worked for me.

Tovin

#3 Post by Tovin »

Hopeflly there won't be a next time but if there is kick your husband (gently) and demand sympathy!

And definitely warm salt water rinses!! :)

amy

#4 Post by amy »

I had similar issues. As my bite shifted I would bite my tongue and cheeks so much that I developed welts. It was pretty painful. Someone on the forum suggested oral b's canker sore mouthwash. It has a debriding agent in it which helps the sores heal. It tastes a little weird but makes things feel so much better almost immediately. I would definitely recommend it.

You can't really do much else until your bite shifts, which should happen quickly, and you no longer bite your mouth. Try falling asleep with your jaw relaxed and your mouth slightly open. That helped me to keep from clenching my teeth and biting myself.

ashesgap

#5 Post by ashesgap »

I have been doing the salt water a lot. It seems to be helping. I told my husband to find me the oral-b mouthwash the next time he goes to walmart. That seems like it would help, since the only time the toothpaste burns is when i have these scratched up spots.
Also, good idea on the light kick, i have warned him. :lol:
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days