Inman Aligner- advice & info?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rebeccaty9

Inman Aligner- advice & info?

#1 Post by Rebeccaty9 »

So i'm recently turned 18 I have a bit of overcrowding and a little bit of overlapping and after wanting a brace but never plucking the courage up i got the Inman aligner on my top set and 3 sets of invisalign on the bottom

I was just wondering if anyone who is going through I.A treatment now or has been through it had any info to share

First of all, its really hurting! two teeth inparticular, it feels like if i pushed them hard enough they would just fall out, they're rather tender to put it one way. The worst pain however, is removing the appliances when eating! Is this all normal?

Is there any way to reduce treatment time, my dentist said about 3 months but i'd like to try and speed it up in any way

Will speech improve because I resited wearing it to work yesterday, as its a very social customer talky kind of job and didn't want to risk them not understanding me/ spitting all over them (I can't stop salivating)

Thanks if anyone replies :D

TumbleDryLow

#2 Post by TumbleDryLow »

There is a 40+ page thread on Inman Aligners that you should check out.

http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

alimommy1

#3 Post by alimommy1 »

Check out the thread titled 'Inman Aligners', it's very informative. There are LOTS of people here who have used them with great results.

Rebeccaty9

#4 Post by Rebeccaty9 »

thankyou, I checked the thread out, very helpful :)

Hungariangirl

teeth :)

#5 Post by Hungariangirl »

Hello,

I have found this site just a few hours ago, and it is quite great!!!! :)
I live in Hungary (I hope that you're familiar with this country 'cause I know a person who thought that it is a town :D) and Inman Aligner is quite a new appliance here. Unfortunately I have never met anybody in Hungary who used it before, so I'd like you to help me a bit (if it is not a very big question, btw, sorry for my english, i know it is not perfect, I haven't practiced it for years...) beacuse i do not have enough time to read all those pages...Can you do that pls?

I would like to know:

- if it is really effective and can straighten the front teeth within 16 weeks?
- Can you use it when you work? I mean can you speak properly when it is in your mouth?
- how many hours you have to wear it to achieve massive improvement?

Thanks a lot,

a desperate 20-year-old girl from Budapest :)

Rebeccaty9

#6 Post by Rebeccaty9 »

Hi, well i'm no expert, i've only had my inman about a week and a half
It's true the treatment time is quick, depending on your case, mines supposed to be 12 weeks so that's pretty good :D

As for speech, wear it to work if your comfortable doing so, I would just give your co-workers a heads up as to why your speech is a bit funny, your speech is pretty hindered to start with but you adapt, I still have trouble with my S's and T's and N's but apart from that it's perfectly coherent, just a bit muffled, you get used to it.

The more hours the better, I've read 16 hours minimum but I normally wear mine for 22-23 on good days, 20 on days when I have to be more sociable, and the more you wear it, the quicker your treatment time, I try to just take it out when I eat and clean my teeth.

Go for it, you'll love your teeth after

I'll try and answer anything else you'd like to know even though I'm still a newbie with the Inman haha