Difficulty chewing?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ClearlyWired007

No wonder my teeth hurt...

#16 Post by ClearlyWired007 »

I got my braces last week on 6/15/2010. That afternoon I attempted to eat a sandwich. NOT PRETTY! That night I ate my dinner. Which took me over 45 minutes! I just figured I would get over it faster if I just ate. Teeth are still sore but I can eat most of what I want now.

I have the Six Month Smiles system, so you have to be careful not to break brackets off! I swear I don't remember these things being this painful!

Dejenise

Just got Braces Today

#17 Post by Dejenise »

Hey Everyone,

My name is Dionne and I just got my Braces put on today!! I am having such a hard time chewing--I pretty much just swallowed my lunch whole...lol I hope this does not last to long

Also I am 31 and kinda feel like I am 12 again

How do I get the ticker to say how long I have had braces??

30-36 months left on My Sentence

onefastchick

#18 Post by onefastchick »

Hey Dionne,

go to tickerfactory.com to make a counter. I am 32 and have had braces for one week now, it does get better. Its funny that you say you feel 12, I have a 12 yr old daughter who will be getting braces when I get mine off but her friends have them now and when they come over I find myself identifying with them more now that we both share the same sentence... It doesnt help any that my friends have told me I look like a teenager now too. Congrats and welcome to AW
[/url]

Click on the WWW for my story!

Spacers 6/7/10
Top brackets 6/15/10
Bottom brackets ?

llehsal

#19 Post by llehsal »

For the ticker check in the "how do I" section in the index. There is a good step by step instruction. :)

Shelby's Braces Story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=35311