Doing it again at 35

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

loengard

Doing it again at 35

#1 Post by loengard »

I, like so many here, had braces in my teen years. I then had my share of dental problems and am in a long restoration process which I finally started 14 months ago. Now, we're to the braces part of my treatment. I'm only going to need them for 12-18 months this time, though, so it should pass by pretty fast.

So, on Thursday, I'll be 16 all over again.... I already have a pimple, too.... Oh well...

Wired Skull

#2 Post by Wired Skull »

Welcome.
Then you know how the game is played. I didn't have to wait very long for my secound tour in braces.
I got my first set of braces at the old age of 38 and just one year after finishing treatment I'm braced again.

Well at least I know what to expect. :-)
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

hal2me

#3 Post by hal2me »

Welcome loengard!

Never having braces as a teen, I got braced at 34. It was the best decision ever.

Best of luck to you!

Theresa48

#4 Post by Theresa48 »

WHAT !!! I might need braces again??? This better be the end of my brace story 2 years from now...

Why would you need braces a year after having them??? I am officially freaked out.