miss my braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bub1958

miss my braces

#1 Post by bub1958 »

:) I am back after 2 years with my braces off. No problems except that I miss them. Right now I am 52 and just wish I could do it all over again. Does anyone else feel this way? When I had them on there were no problems at all for the three years. Just curious as to how others feel. :frogbraces:

UGHBRACES

#2 Post by UGHBRACES »

lol what do you miss about them?

sisi

#3 Post by sisi »

Wow bub, that's an unusual post! I am getting mine off on July 21 and I am 100% certain that I will not miss them.

What do you miss about them? :lol:

TumbleDryLow

#4 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Wow, okay, ummm....wow. I really can't say that I'm going to miss mine. Sorry. My debrace day of August 12th cannot get here soon enough.

Audra

#5 Post by Audra »

I'm getting mine off in 7 days and there is NO WAY that I will miss them.

Wired Skull

#6 Post by Wired Skull »

LOL. I felt the same as I was very used to my braces and never had any big trouble wearing them.
I found the experince wearing them very interesting and bombarded my ortho with all kind of questions. I never needed any fancy stuff more than the brackets and some wire changing.
At first I felt a bit different being the only braced adult in the area but soon liked the braces a lot and they become a part of me.

After debanding it almost felt as my personallity was gone after 2 years in braces and I soon missed them.

Now I'm wearing braces again on my lower teeth due to a stubborned tooth that decided to move back into its old position. I can't say that I was disapointed being braced again. I know have metal brackets and feel quite good wearing them. No big deal and quite funny being in braces again :-)
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

yoginbraces

#7 Post by yoginbraces »

I have been in braces for a little over 6 weeks and while I am SO happy I decided to get them (and my adjustment so far has been tolerable), I look forward to the day when my braces are off and I can see and feel my teeth again. I haven't been in braces long enough for them to feel like they are a part of me. They still look and feel very foreign and I hope they always do. I want my natural smile back .... only a better version!

hal2me

#8 Post by hal2me »

Seriously, I cannot wait until mine come off! It will be weird being able to brush and floss in under 5 minutes, but I'll get used to it. :lol:

VA5

#9 Post by VA5 »

Wow, this is an unusual first post, for sure! :)

I cannot WAIT until my braces are off and I'm almost 100% sure I will NOT miss them. I hate them in fact. I've of course gotten used to them, for the most part, but I still feel self conscious talking to people, and smiling, and I cannot stand food getting caught in between my brackets, and the extra time it takes to brush and floss. I also just feel generally unattractive with all this metal on my teeth too. I can't WAIT for them to come out!!!

PinkLeaf

Me too!

#10 Post by PinkLeaf »

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I miss my braces just a little bit. I had mine for 3 years and 13 days. And it was my second round of braces! I miss seeing the progress of my teeth moving in line. I also miss seeing my orthodontist once a month. Mine actually provided warm cookies or snow cones during visits!

Steph in Sac

#11 Post by Steph in Sac »

**sidetrack**

PinkLeaf - you just brough back childhood memories of me, my dad, and my sister having dental appointments at the same time. My dad would bring donuts & coke for us while we waited. Ha ha. I'm sure it wasn't all the time, but the memory sure sticks. I bet the whole dental staff was shocked and appalled.

trillium

#12 Post by trillium »

if you miss yours, you can have mine :wink: ... I sure won't miss mine at all, can't wait to get them off!!!!!

loengard

Re: miss my braces

#13 Post by loengard »

bub1958 wrote::) I am back after 2 years with my braces off. No problems except that I miss them. Right now I am 52 and just wish I could do it all over again. Does anyone else feel this way? When I had them on there were no problems at all for the three years. Just curious as to how others feel. :frogbraces:
You can have mine if I can have your already beautiful teeth.

Donna

#14 Post by Donna »

Oh heck no, I'm not going to miss my braces for one second!

bluegirl

#15 Post by bluegirl »

I still have a year left and I can't waiiiiit to get these horrible things off!!! They are ugly and just making my teeth worse! I reallllllly hope they're worth it in the end!
Braces (uppers & lowers) on: 8/3/09
Sentence: 2 years