Inman Aligner Query

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SuEdi

Inman Aligner Query

#1 Post by SuEdi »

Hi
I got an Inman Aligner yesterday to straighten 2 front teeth after years and years wanting to align my crooked teeth! I have a few questions on this, i hope someone can help:
-If you wear for longer than 20hrs does it speed up the process more or is it pre-programmed to work at 20hrs and any more is a waste? I am trying to do 23 hrs but I wont if it makes no difference!
-I have an enamel ‘button’ put on my tooth to keep the aligner on the bottom of my teeth, I have brushed my teeth 4 times already today and its only 3pm (!) and think I might have brushed a bit off and the Aligner may have moved a mm or 2 up (it may also be my imagination though!), does that matter?
-Will I be able to speak better?!!
-The Aligner pushes the sides of my lips out a bit (not too happy about that look!), will this affect my lip after the 4 months?

Thanks for your help!
Su :D

Rebeccaty9

#2 Post by Rebeccaty9 »

Hi, I've had my aligner for about 2 months now, and im so happy with it.

All I know from the information booklet I got with the brace is that the longer you wear the inman, the lower the treatment time, im sure wearing it 23 hours can't hurt so if it feels okay go for it.
Im not sure about the enamel button as I dont have that with my treatment.

Your speech will get better, I get comments all the time about how much better it is now, the first week was hell for speaking, I would say you recover speech about 90 % but theres still a bit of trouble with my S's!

your lips will be fine after you're done, my top lip is pushed out when ive got my mouth closed but as soon as the aligner is out it's back to normal

Hope I helped :)