question for those who've been de-braced..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Waiting2BeFabulous

question for those who've been de-braced..

#1 Post by Waiting2BeFabulous »

For those of you who've already had their braces removed (*and had clear brackets), was there a significant visual difference from "braced" to "debraced"?

When I look at my mouth at this point, and see that all the teeth are straight, and all the gaps are pretty much closed. My bite was never that big of an issue in the first place, so I haven't seen too much difference in that regard, visually. I feel like, ok...this is what they look like. (and I'm pretty happy about it!)

I just wonder how big a difference the removal of one little wire and several tiny clear brackets makes. I've been dreaming of the "unveiling" of my new smile ever since I had these things put in my mouth, and I still want to be THRILLED and somewhat...surprised... when I get them off!

Was there a "surprise" factor when you got yours off? Or were you always able to see behind the brackets to gauge what your smile would look like, and so therefore, once everything was in place, it wasn't THAT big of a difference?

princessT

#2 Post by princessT »

I would also like to know. Anyone with answers?

princessT

#3 Post by princessT »

I would also like to know. Anyone with answers?

sisi

#4 Post by sisi »

It was a bit of a surprise when I saw mine -and it took me a few days to get used to my new teeth.

I had a couple of small issues which my ortho has been taking care of with active Essix retainers. It is lovely to have naked teeth though! :)