freaky brace dreams

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sammywantstraightteeth

freaky brace dreams

#1 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

Okay, so we are all thinking about our teeth and our braces a lot, and naturally that means we are going to dream about them sometimes.

So, the other day I dreamt that my upper and lower invisalign trays fused together overnight and I couldn't seperate them or take them off. Everyone I showed said it was perfectly normal and that there was nothing to worry about.

Anyone else had freaky brace-related dreams? share them here!

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

hal2me

#2 Post by hal2me »

Yes, I have had freaky dreams too.

In my dream, I was talking an the brackets just popped off. The braces unraveled with my teeth attached to them. When I woke up in the morning, the first thing I did was check to see if my teeth were all there! :lol:

suzyscientist

#3 Post by suzyscientist »

I'm so glad someone else is having brace dreams! I thought I was going crazy!

I frequently dream that my braces don't stick to my upper teeth anymore, but I can't take the brackets and the wire out of my mouth - they're stuck somehow. In my dream I can feel the wire with all the brackets still attached moving about.... then I wake up and have to check every bracket, even at 4am. Very weird!

Suzy :D

haywire

#4 Post by haywire »

i had 2 freaky dreams..actually one, but i had it twice :shock:

i dreamt that my braces fell off while i was eating some "forbbiden food"
the entire braces, not just one bracket :roll:
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

Noodle1

#5 Post by Noodle1 »

Yes...so happy other people have had brace-related dreams too!!

I dreamt that i only had a few teeth left and they were really out of place and it was because of the braces!! I was so relieved when i woke up!!
Braced for 19 months 2 weeks and 2 days.

miggins

#6 Post by miggins »

Also glad it's not just me! :lol:

I had one dream where I was walking home from work and I realised that at some point throughout the day, I'd lost my braces, like I'd taken them out to eat something and forgotten to put them back in - pretty hard with fixed braces!

Another dream was pretty horrible though. I was really excited because my ortho took my braces off, but then he decided to shave down the front surfaces of all my teeth. The more he shaved, the more he revealed these big brown holes running through my teeth. Horrible. That dream has really stuck in my mind!

Justiz

#7 Post by Justiz »

I did have a nightmare once where the metal in the braces became fused together overnight so when I woke up in the morning I couldnt open my mouth and it was wired shut. I was terrified! I usually have the worst dreams right after adjustments! :?

De-Brace Day: May 31, 2011 :) WOO HOO!!!
Essix retainer; Bonded Retainer on 2 Front Teeth
Braces- upper- October 1, 2009; lower- December 1, 2009
18 months to the day!