Really useful mini brushes

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Noodle1

Really useful mini brushes

#1 Post by Noodle1 »

Just discovered TePe interdental brushes.

They're tiny, really cheap, have a little case and can easily be carried round everywhere. Very useful for any bits of food stuck in unwanted places when you're out for a meal.

Has anyone else seen these or what else do people use?
Braced for 19 months 2 weeks and 2 days.

footpounds

#2 Post by footpounds »

I have never used those but I think I've seen them. I just swish and swallow with tea or water and repeat as necessary!

Chicagogal

#3 Post by Chicagogal »

I was just researching these in the "dental do-dads" forum on here. They have a ton of the interdental brushes and reviews for them posted there. I havent' chosen which one to buy yet, but I want to! not sure we have that brand in the US.
Update: 4-2013 Back in Brackets :(
lower braces: 3/2/10
hyrax palate expander: 3/29/10
upper braces: est. 6/2010 (8/6/10 actual)
bone plate surgery: 1/2011 actual
bone plate removal: 7/2011 actual
Debracing: 10-25-11 ACTUAL!!! advanced hawley retainer
Rebracing: 4-3-13...front teeth rotated #2s lifted.

Audra

#4 Post by Audra »

footpounds wrote:I have never used those but I think I've seen them. I just swish and swallow with tea or water and repeat as necessary!
You don't have powerchains do you? ;)

I used to just swish, but when I got powerchains, that did not work any more :(

itsabouttime22

#5 Post by itsabouttime22 »

I use the little brushes all the time- they are great!

Especially on the powerchains- I love fruit and pieces love to get stuck in them! The brushes are the only thing that can get them out.

abaglady

#6 Post by abaglady »

I use the little TePe brushes in two different sizes - they are good for getting behind wires and between teeth. I have 0.5mm ones for between teeth (couldn't use them between all teeth at first, but they have all spaced out enough now) and 0.8mm ones for behind and up to wires.

VA5

#7 Post by VA5 »

I wish they would sell mini waterpik's. something you can recharge, and fill with a little bit of water, and after you eat you can go to the restroom and just powerwash the teeth quickly. THAT would be great.

bbsadmin

#8 Post by bbsadmin »

VA5 wrote:I wish they would sell mini waterpik's. something you can recharge, and fill with a little bit of water, and after you eat you can go to the restroom and just powerwash the teeth quickly. THAT would be great.

They do have something like that, but from what I understand, the power is rather weak and it hasn't gotten very good product reviews. I'm sure you can find it online if you search.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

VA5

#9 Post by VA5 »

oh.. cool i guess.

well mine is power corded but it also charges it. i guess if i really wanted to, i could carry mine with me wherever i go, lol. it'd be kind of bulky though.

Snowglobe32

#10 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I can not find my favorite proxy brushes anywhere. The full brush was on a blue handle with a clear holder.

They only ones I can find now are the skinny brushes. I hate them because they aren't sturdy and when you use them, the bend really easy.

Isn't it typical to find a product you like and then it becomes
non-existent...

sadpanda

#11 Post by sadpanda »

Snowglobe -

You're right, all the proxy brushes I have bend right away. The package says they last for a week, but I find myself using them quickly and getting annoyed when they bend after 2 seconds. I'm looking for something more sturdy.

yoginbraces

#12 Post by yoginbraces »

My favorite interdental brushes are DenTek.

shellycassada

#13 Post by shellycassada »

I use the DenTek brushes too, and like them pretty good. They do say that are reusable but I typically just throw them away after the first use.

TigerLily

#14 Post by TigerLily »

I used to use the thicker ones when out and about along with a miniature bottle of mouthwash, great for when you couldn't brush your teeth.