14 month progress!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JHova

14 month progress!!

#1 Post by JHova »

so its been a while since I posted. But im almost ready to take these babys off and i wanted to share my progress pics.

I cant thank my ortho enough for all the hard work hes put in, and getting braces was probably one of my best decisions.

Let the count down begin!

Justiz

#2 Post by Justiz »

This is amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

De-Brace Day: May 31, 2011 :) WOO HOO!!!
Essix retainer; Bonded Retainer on 2 Front Teeth
Braces- upper- October 1, 2009; lower- December 1, 2009
18 months to the day!

yoginbraces

#3 Post by yoginbraces »

Beautiful!!

TraceA

#4 Post by TraceA »

Wow. I hope mine will only take about 14 months - 2 down 12 to go doesn't seem so bad!

seriousthinker

#5 Post by seriousthinker »

Wow, you look great! ow long do you have left? Do you mind saying whether you had to have any extractions? My upper arch is a bit more crowded than yours but i have high hopes (just like everyone) that I end up with as great a job as yours!

ST

BraceFace2o1o

#6 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Wow! absolutely amazing progress! Your teeth look great! You must be extremely happy :D
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

Donna

#7 Post by Donna »

Your teeth look amamzing!!

JHova

#8 Post by JHova »

Thanks!! I have about 3-4 months left but I'm sure time will fly. I did have extractions for those wondering. I had 4 incisors pulled. The whole process has been smooth and I definately don't regret any of it. I'm just glad I can smile without holding back!

JHova

#9 Post by JHova »

Also, when I take them off, do any of you recommend I get it whitened? I head good things about ZOOM whitening and I think $200 is a reasonable price. Any thoughts on this?

bottlecap1990

Re: 14 month progress!!

#10 Post by bottlecap1990 »

JHova wrote:so its been a while since I posted. But im almost ready to take these babys off and i wanted to share my progress pics.

I cant thank my ortho enough for all the hard work hes put in, and getting braces was probably one of my best decisions.

Let the count down begin!

astounding results so far.

I am really jealous because I haven't seen much progress of my own.

I have only been braced for 11 days though, :lol:

Margie

#11 Post by Margie »

You have had amazing progress so far! It doesn't look like you have too much longer to go.

I was also braced in May 2009 so it is nice to see someone's progress that was braced around the same time as me.

You asked about whitening, I am also considering getting it done. I'm not sure what process I am going to go with though, but I am expecting to pay close to $400 based on what I have heard from other people that have gotten it done.

ceramicmouth

#12 Post by ceramicmouth »

Wow!!

Your smile looks great.

I had a very similar upper and lower arch to yours and i'm nowhere near completion. I'm 15 months in braces.

Now I'm actually thinking of bringing your pics into my ortho tomorrow morning and throwing them on the desk!!!

fosterp

#13 Post by fosterp »

whitening is the least you can do to reward yourself for going through such a long process

ralphylad

#14 Post by ralphylad »

braces are a strange world, at Jan they look pretty much the same as they do in Aug, its strange to think what is going on in those 8 months, I have similar problems as you did but only on one site of my mouth, I have my braces on for 12 months, I have no extractions but I am hoping I can get the results you have in 12 months, they look great!
if I have rsults like you in April 2011 I will be very happy!

JHova

#15 Post by JHova »

ralphylad wrote:braces are a strange world, at Jan they look pretty much the same as they do in Aug, its strange to think what is going on in those 8 months, I have similar problems as you did but only on one site of my mouth, I have my braces on for 12 months, I have no extractions but I am hoping I can get the results you have in 12 months, they look great!
if I have rsults like you in April 2011 I will be very happy!
thanks!