What's the first thing you're going to do?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Noodle1

What's the first thing you're going to do?

#1 Post by Noodle1 »

What's the first thing you're going to do when you get you're braces off?

I'm going to eat a curry, drink some red wine and finish it off with a strong black coffee.

Having clear bands and radiance braces i've spent the last 16 months avoiding anything that stains and it's killing me!
Braced for 19 months 2 weeks and 2 days.

haywire

#2 Post by haywire »

i'm gonna pick-up some chicks !

or..i'm gonna get drunk to celebrate :lol:
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

UGHBRACES

#3 Post by UGHBRACES »

I am going to say "how YOU doing" to the hot assistant!
hahah j/k I will probably go out and party.

hanzie

#4 Post by hanzie »

going to look in the mirror a thousand times in disbelief.. and probably take my wife out to dinner :D

sammywantstraightteeth

#5 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

When my invisalign is done I am going to have a 3 course meal and take aaaaaaaages to eat it all. I will have had drinks (other than water) before the meal. I will pause in between courses and talk with my companions. I will not have to rush off to the bathroom to brush my teeth as soon as we are done eating.

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

tacoma braced

#6 Post by tacoma braced »

Finally debraced this week, and am getting ready to make my favorite meal
angel hair pasta, gorgonzola cheese, hand crushed cherry tomatoes,and roasted walnuts. Covered with assagio/parma cheese. Lots of chewy bread, dipped in balsamic vinegar/EVVO and LOTS OF RED WINE...

Desert- something decadent with caramel...and lots of red wine..

blackapple

#7 Post by blackapple »

Thank Jehovah this experience has finally come to an end and indulge in a big ole container of cashews and movie theater popcorn. It's hard but I haven't had either since being braced and won't as I was told not to eat those foods.

bottlecap1990

#8 Post by bottlecap1990 »

I am gonna eat the hardest foods I could find and smile at everyone I meet. :lol:
RPE. 6/5/2010
Full metal braces, 8/7/2010
Braces Removed, 6/12/2013

felicia

#9 Post by felicia »

I am going to eat buffalo wings. :D

Takako

#10 Post by Takako »

Floss freely!!! Then eat rice. And pasta. And Steak. And corned beef. And Corn! (I don't even LIKE corn!)

ashesgap

#11 Post by ashesgap »

I love RIBS!! All i can have right now are the boneless ones and they just aren't cutting it. I miss baby back ribs.
Plus eating that kind of stuff is a pain because it gets deep in the braces and you just want to rush to rinse it out, and floss. Kind of takes the joy out of it.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

macgirl4ever

#12 Post by macgirl4ever »

Immediately after debanding I am going to the movies where I will watch a movie while munching on popcorn and waiting for my retainer. I will have a lunch of fresh greens with strawberries and candied pecans with a strawberry vinaigrette. After picking up my retainers, I will return home and BBQ steak and fresh corn from the grill for dinner. Finally, I will floss my teeth like a normal person, clean my retainer and teeth and be prepared to smile a lot fr new profile pics on all my social networking sites. It will be a sweet, sweet day of nonstop celebration. I AM taking the ENTIRE day off for mental health :)
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

bookfairy

#13 Post by bookfairy »

A snickers bar. Since caramel and peanuts are both a no-no, it's on the top of the list :)
Second is caramel popcorn.

I am not suffering, though. I am happily braced, I can wait some more if that means I can smile withouth shame!
http://grinningbookfairy.wordpress.com

In-Ovation C for 15 months and 1week on uppers, and 13m 3w 3 days on lowers. Loved it, and love my teeth now!

yoginbraces

#14 Post by yoginbraces »

What a fun thread! OK, so I have to admit I eat pretty much everything I ate pre-braces (with the exception of chewy foods like licorice, gummy bears, etc.) what I am most looking forward to is eating everything with absolute wild abandon!!! No more 'carefully' chewing on nuts, pretzels, chips, etc. or worrying about staining from food/wine. Also, I can't wait to actually bite into an apple and ribs....that will be my first meal for sure....lots of ribs & a caramel apple with nuts for dessert!!!!

Oh, and my 2nd thing I am looking forward to is getting my teeth whitened.

loradora

#15 Post by loradora »

Rub my tongue along my teeth to feel how smooth they are, then celebrate with a few drinks and a box of Russell Stover chewies, nuts and crunchies.